Government Contractors (More Specifically VA) & Vaccine Mandates

FLATHEAD

WKR
Supervisor texted me the good news right before I headed out
to try and call up a Bobcat. Great way to start a weekend.

zalia

FNG
This has been a really messy area. Nobody was prepared for the order which was announced in Sept. Contracting companies went from providing services and focusing on normal business to freaking out about how they were gonna deal with this situation and lose 10+% of their employees.

My basic impression is that the gov highly suspected this would not hold up in court, and they just used it as a scare and bully tactic as long as possible. It worked on a lot of contractors and they just gave in.

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
Guys, I appreciate the opinions on the subject, but I just need help with my business and how to navigate these mandates as a contractor to the Veterans Affairs system. If you have experience with it please let me know. Thanks
I work for a large company and we do work at VA medical centers. We actually had a meeting on this subject this past week.

The vaccine mandate for federal contractors is blocked. However, individual VAs are requiring it to be on site outside of the mandate. Some VAs are and some aren’t. So it is best to check with the VA you will be working with.

That’s how I understand it at this time. If you have legal council it’s probably best to work with them as well.