GPS coord for CO sheep kills?

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
Hi. By chance did anyone here download the CPW published GPS coordinates for the previous years Colorado sheep kill sites? They used to be readily available on the CPW site in the hunting statistic but it looks like they removed all the GPS data from the harvest reports.

Anyone know where I could find a copy or pay for it somewhere? Thanks.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Ya DOW removing all the GPS info really is a bummer. Apparently some land owners were bent over privacy of whatever drainage bla bla bla.....I cant help as I never downloaded it but wanted to chime in that it really is BS in my opinion.

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider

Foldem

WKR
Thank you so much for putting these up! Do you guys think "landowners" were upset is code for "outfitters"? That's my take.

sndmn11

WKR
Thank you so much for putting these up! Do you guys think "landowners" were upset is code for "outfitters"? That's my take.

I think it is code for, "I couldn't find the files so there must be some conspiracy that aligns with disliking CPW so I am going to float a rumor about landowners/outfitters being upset."

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Note: The horn/antler measurement reports no longer contain specific coordinates for harvest locations. The drainage of harvests is included in the report, but coordinate information will no longer be available because of concerns about fair chase. Furthermore, Colorado law requires that wildlife information that could allow individual private landowners to be identified must be withheld from open records requests. Elevating the scale from location of harvest to drainage removes the possibility of disclosing private land information. Historic and future measurement reports will be posted in the revised format.

Directly from DOW website.

Foldem

WKR
Well there you go, straight from CPW. Never thought about it being a fair chase issue. I wasn't trying to spread rumors. I've heard directly from people that have gone on guided hunts that the outfitters don't want that information reported or published for DIY guys to go to their spots.

For the record I like the CPW.

OP
W

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
Heck yeah! Thanks so much for the links.

I got you covered. PM me your email and I'll send you the files. I have 1999-2017 all saved in PDFs.

kscowboy, thank you for the offer! I downloaded the PDFs from the link so I should be good now. I appreciate you offering to send them to me. Guys like you is why this forum is so great!

Elky_man

FNG
I got you covered. PM me your email and I'll send you the files. I have 1999-2017 all saved in PDFs.
Can you PM me and I’ll send you my email. I’d like to get the PDFs you have. (It won’t let me pm you) the PDFs links listed seem to be missing some data and would like to compare it to what you have. Thanks a million

Elky_man

FNG
Looks like someone on another site found another link to coordinates. Save these PDFs ASAP, just in case the link gets taken down (won't surprise me).

Goat

Sheep

Moose
Hey thanks for posting this. It’s a real life saver. Glad someone was thinking ahead.

I was looking at buying a map from the hunt data website that shows kill sites. Anyone ever used them, is it accurate?