Grayl Water filter system

semasko

FNG
I've used a Grayl for two years now and I love it. It's faster than a Steri-pen and doesn't need charged.

I like the idea a lot, I'm probably gonna wait and see if they make a larger titanium one for now tho. Hopefully they decide to tether the caps on the lids also cause it's only tethered on the geopress looks like

tony

WKR
I've got one, probably the most advanced "simple" system there is. It will filter pretty much anything as mentioned.
It is big and heavy
It is an expensive system to filer 65 gallons of water per cartridge.
You get the amount amount your bottle is, so say 16 oz for cooking and drinking unless you run back and get more or pour the clean water into something else.
With that, it is simple and about foolproof
Those cartridges last 10 years sealed
Pretty sure no damage from freezing
Did I say durable?
I love mine, I used it on hikes and took it to Mexico to use on the faucet water.
I also picked up their "pot" that is designed to nest with the bottle, pot is 1L and is marked as such. Lid has to be stored separate as the bottle sticks out from the pot.

So with a pocket rocket style stove and this, it would make a nice cook set, though heavy.
I too was interested in the filter pore size and just found this, little to much to cut and paste.

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine, depending on the area, i do carry an extra bottle though.

I also bought a life straw bottle but it's not quite as useful. The straw you have to suck so you can't pour water out to cook with.

I’ve been using the geo press for over a year now and it’s been awesome. It reduced my pack weight by a lot because I’ve got no need to carry a bunch of Nalgene bottles with enough water now. Obviously wouldnt be a good choice in a dry desert, but as long as there’s a water source you’re good. The water from a runoff in a forest or a spring filtered with it is the tastiest water I’ve ever drank.

schmalzy

WKR
Anyone find a pouch or pocket for one of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one of the 24oz and an extra filter for Christmas and haven't used it. Got a trip planned in a couple of weeks to the PNW, going to be doing a lot of hiking and plan on giving it a test run then.

WKR
Interested in these. I like my gravity system but it can be finicky at times. This looks like a good filtration option that’s a little more robust.

ive used them since they came out with no issues. I tend to stay more hydrated as well since i can filter water faster and easier when im hiking

Cquil7

FNG
Looking at getting the UltraPress Titanium. It's a bit heavier, but figured it would save me from packing an additional titanium mug, plus the added bulk that it would take up in the pack. Anyone have experience with the Ti, pros and cons?