Grayl Water filter system

Dobermann

WKR
Looking at getting the UltraPress Titanium. It's a bit heavier, but figured it would save me from packing an additional titanium mug, plus the added bulk that it would take up in the pack. Anyone have experience with the Ti, pros and cons?
I carry the Ti when travelling for work, to filter city water and as a get-home/last ditch cooking option (high natural hazard risk here). It works, but mine requires quite a lot of force to push the top/filter section down. This needs to be done nearly-perfectly vertical, or the water will spill out, which in turn requires a near-perfect flat surface. It really has me wondering how tricky it would be to have this consistently work hassle-free in the outdoors...

semasko

FNG
I could definitely see the Ti being tougher to press. The rubber bottom on the original sometimes annoys me because it makes the bottle difficult (moreso just annoying) to insert / remove into the pocket of a pack, but I've never had any issues just placing it on a rock or gravel for pressing and the rubber might be why. I wish they'd make a 32oz Ti one in the regular shape of a nalgene bottle.

I haven't had any issue with filtering the Ti vs. Standard, haven't noticed any increased difficulty to filter.

Agreed tho, I wish they offered a Nalgene sized Ti.