Great idea or accident waiting to happen?

Great Idea or accident waiting to happen

• Total voters

WoodBow

WKR
Depends. What is the weight rating on the buckle? A rope man is not cheap but I sure like being 100% confident in it when my life and mobility are in its hands.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If you use it as intended, I see where it has value.

However, there is no way I would trust that strap system to support myself. I like being able to walk too much

peterk123

WKR
Or just use a rope and a prussic with a slight mod so it can be moved easily like we did right here.............

Drenalin

WKR
Given the intended use of those straps and buckles, I wouldn't trust them for any weight bearing. If you're going to have a tether in addition to the lineman's and just want something to give you a little stability when you're hanging sticks or cameras, maybe. Even then something like an HSS rope-style tree strap is more appropriate and would only run you about $22.

I have those same straps, unless you weigh less than an anorexic oompa loompa no way would I be using them as a line man's belt.

They might do it, but I'd suspect they are rated for about 50# figuring a 4/1 factor of safety that probably puts them at 200# break strength. Not at all worth saving a few ounces.

Mzzy

FNG
I got these straps from Third Hand archery http://www.thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=13- they are designed to use with a climber. I used a girth hitch on one end to the loop on my harness, it terminates in the clip. The other strap has a carabiner on one end and a knot on the other.

I got these straps from Third Hand archery http://www.thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=13- they are designed to use with a climber. I used a girth hitch on one end to the loop on my harness, it terminates in the clip. The other strap has a carabiner on one end and a knot on the other.
Not only no but hell no. Stupid idea

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I use those straps as they're intended to stabilize my lone wolf climber and have had them slip on me - no way I'd use them as a lineman's rope. It would be well worth it to either buy a premade lineman's rope or make your own with a prussic as suggested. I built one with some extra climbing gear I had laying around and it took maybe 10 minutes and ~ $30 at the most.

BuddyS

FNG
I love my third hand archery straps on my climbers but I wouldn’t trust them at all as a safety measure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk