GREENLAND ARCHERY HUNT

OLE1021

FNG
THINKING ABOUT AN ARCHERY HUNT IN GREENLAND. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FIRST HAND INFO ON AN OUTFITTER?
TIA

Mojave

WKR
There are not that many outfitters.

There is also very little cover to do a stalk.

nanuke22

FNG
I will let you know, I will be there in September, hunting with Lings Hunting Greenland, musk ox and caribou.

I have visited Greenland...not to hunt though. The research that I have done leaves me to believe that there are very few outfitters. Never saw a caribou, saw plenty of arctic fox and a polar bear though.

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Check out bow hunting Greenland, I had a good hunt with them several years ago. I think they have changed areas since, which I have no experience with.

I seem to recall a film I recently watched on YouTube with a bunch of Yeti Ambassadors hunting Caribou/Reindeer in Greenland. I cannot recall if it was on Remi or Pedro's YouTube channel. It looked really cool. It was a Greenland Outfitter, but the camp host was from the States. Worth checking out. I thought the film quality was really good too.

nanuke22

FNG
No you can not bring meat back, it takes 6-8 months to get skulls back. Meat is taken by villagers. Packed it all out, a lot of work.IMG_9987.jpeg

I hunted Greenland for muskox & caribou in Aug 2022. I used a rifle but there were 7 bow hunters in the same camp. Every bow hunter killed a muskox & 6 had caribou by the end of the 5 day hunt. It is open in some areas but still had plenty of opportunities get close.
I booked my hunt with Chris Muller & AOS hunts. He handled everything without a hitch.