South Dakota Non-Res Early Season

Hi there, looking to see if anyone has heard/seen if non-residents can now hunt again in Sept in South Dakota? On the SD Game & Fish page it shows that the non-resident archery season starts Sept 1st. TIA.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 36
non residents hunting archery on private can hunt in september and unlimited tags.

if youre a non resident like myself (MN res) hunting archery on public land you cannot start hunting till OCT 1st, and you have to put in for the draw.

Hi there, looking to see if anyone has heard/seen if non-residents can now hunt again in Sept in South Dakota? On the SD Game & Fish page it shows that the non-resident archery season starts Sept 1st. TIA.
I am hoping to draw a NR archery tag as well. Looking through regs it looks like we will have to wait until Oct 1 still to hunt public. This will be our first time going to SD coming from IN. Considering trying to find access to a private ranch, maybe for a trespass fee, to be able to go in September. Oct is getting more into whitetail mindset and a September trip is always a fun way to start the fall. Would sure be neat if they just moved that NR date to somewhere around Sep. 15

flyguyskt

FNG
Private land can be easy to get but also tough to get...it really just depends on the rancher/farmer. some allow hunting with specific rules...like don't shoot ole bubba he has an orange collar on him...not joking by the way... but getting permission early is the key, and usually in person

Private land can be easy to get but also tough to get...it really just depends on the rancher/farmer. some allow hunting with specific rules...like don't shoot ole bubba he has an orange collar on him...not joking by the way... but getting permission early is the key, and usually in person
That is kind of what I was thinking. Ill be sure to watch for orange collared deer while out there!