Gun Insurance - Who do you use

Recently was traveling for a hunt internationally and the airline lost my firearm for a week. Ultimately was stuck in customs but despite having airtags the airline would not listen until the case was elevated and baggage was deemed lost.

The experience prompted me to look into what insurance coverage I have specifically for travel and I am simply lacking in primary travel insurance for firearms.

I would rather not have even touch home owners insurance with rates rising and having a claim worst case scenario, my interest is primary firearm/travel insurance. Looking around SCI has primary insurance on a cost basis of $1.25/$100 insured.

What does everyone use here and/or what have your experiences been if you have filed a claim with your insurance?

Marble

WKR
My home owners offers the same coverage that SCI offered. You may be able to even do it as a temporary policy while you travel. If you have a good relationship with your insurance company give them a call.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I have $5K coverage from my homeowners (State Farm) plus an additional policy with Lockton through the NRA. I just looked into additional personal articles policy through State Farm but they require appraisals on all of them. I'm looking into how to do that right now.

Mosby

WKR
I got mine through the NRA with Lockton. Gun appraisals not required.

khavok

FNG
Recently was traveling for a hunt internationally and the airline lost my firearm for a week. Ultimately was stuck in customs but despite having airtags the airline would not listen until the case was elevated and baggage was deemed lost.

The experience prompted me to look into what insurance coverage I have specifically for travel and I am simply lacking in primary travel insurance for firearms.

I would rather not have even touch home owners insurance with rates rising and having a claim worst case scenario, my interest is primary firearm/travel insurance. Looking around SCI has primary insurance on a cost basis of $1.25/$100 insured.

What does everyone use here and/or what have your experiences been if you have filed a claim with your insurance?
I use US Lawshield. It covers you for every situation and provides legal representation. It also allows me to activate multi-state coverage for CCW and hunting insurance.

j_volt

WKR
I use Collectibles Insurance Services. My broker highly recommends them. Fortunately, I have never had to use the policy.

I have $5K coverage from my homeowners (State Farm) plus an additional policy with Lockton through the NRA. I just looked into additional personal articles policy through State Farm but they require appraisals on all of them. I'm looking into how to do that right now.
Sate farm for me did not require appraisals. At one time, they did, but it’s changed. Might be something to ask every couple years.

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
Mine are insured through a State Farm Personal Articles Policy. They accepted receipts or links to the firearms and associated accessories (scopes/rings, weapon lights, red dots, aftermarket modifications, etc.) to verify the estimated value I provided. The requirement was each firearm had to have an assigned serial number for the underwriters so I couldn't insure my AR uppers, only complete AR's.

Unckebob

WKR
I use USAA for my bows and rifles. Super cheap.

I used USAA and lost 4 guns temporarily stored (we were moving) at a storage place. Outside our deductible, we were made whole rather easily since I had receipts and/or pictures of each gun. No appraisals. We used the current MV for each gun.

If I had then under my personal articles policy, I wouldn't have even had to pay the deductible.