Gunbroker. Seller won’t contact me

stonewall

WKR
I “won” the bid on a TC hawken 50 cal that I planned to use for texas ml season. The auction ended dec 24. I have called twice and left a vm once. Emailed. Messaged through gunbroker. Not a peep from seller. Per GB the seller has 5 days to respond. I haven’t paid yet as the seller is supposed to calculate shipping and then enter for me to have a total payable bill.

has anyone experienced this? At what point do I move on? I realize it’s Christmas weekend and grace is warranted, but I get the feeling the seller is flaking out

this is my first gb experience and the seller is not rated

thx

I would not send money. I get it that people get busy but if you are selling a gun you at least check your emails. If they are this lazy with selling who knows how lazy they will be with shipping it. Just me but when dealing with online firearm sales I want to deal with people that communicate and are prompt.

83cj-7

WKR
Not rated is a big red flag. Was it an amazing deal? I was scrolling through GB the other day and saw a McMillan G30 with a Nightforce scope in .300 win. “Buy it now” was $1500. It had just been posted and I quickly hit the “buy it now” button. I knew the scope was worth the asking price but soon found out the rifle alone was $4500. I went to google images and searched for the exact title that was listed on GB and found that the rifle was actually for sale in a Cabelas in TX for $4500. I never sent $, he never contacted me and I reported it to GB. Turns out, it was a scam.

OP
stonewall

stonewall

WKR
Not rated is a big red flag. Was it an amazing deal? I was scrolling through GB the other day and saw a McMillan G30 with a Nightforce scope in .300 win. “Buy it now” was $1500. It had just been posted and I quickly hit the “buy it now” button. I knew the scope was worth the asking price but soon found out the rifle alone was $4500. I went to google images and searched for the exact title that was listed on GB and found that the rifle was actually for sale in a Cabelas in TX for $4500. I never sent $, he never contacted me and I reported it to GB. Turns out, it was a scam.
No just a normal auction. Sold for similar to others. I had been watching/bidding on similar hawkens. Didn’t give much thought to seller rating at the time. Too bad I didn’t buy one of the other ones

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
I would be somewhat concerned about the seller not being rated. But there are individuals selling too, so I wouldn't rule them out. Just be cautious. The fact that they aren't responding though would be too many red flags for me. Move on to another auction and forget about that one.

OP
stonewall

stonewall

WKR
I got a message back from the seller today finally. This was early this morning. All my prior messages had been about sorting out the shipping. I had asked if I could email a shipping label.

This is the message I got:
“Hey. Yes that works for me. Just email it to me and i can print it out at home. Like i said this is my first sale so this is all new to me. I also don't know how you want to pay but if its easier i can use a friends Paypal. But if you want to just like mail a check i can do that. Just let me know. Im open to whatever is easy for you”

I feel this message is either ignorance or a scammer. This is day 5. Seller is supposed to respond by day 5 per gb. I messaged twice and left a vm today. Nothing since. My last message today was please tell me if you’re actually selling or not so I can move on. Idk the ethics of posting a private msg on a public forum, but I’m rather frustrated.

should I leave a negative review at this point and let gb sort it out? Is there a consequence to me if I move on only to have seller finally try to complete the deal (at which point I’ll have bought a different gun)?

Thanks all

Gen273

WKR
Call and talk to the seller; you can probably figure out if he is legitimate or not via a phone conversation.

whaack

WKR
I recently bought a gun on GB. Took the sell (brick and mortar shop) two days to get back to me. Then it took the 3 days to ship the gun. I’d give it will the deadline per GB riled then move on and contact GB with the details so it’s documented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Time to move on. Leave feedback and let GB deal with the seller. You were holding up your end of the contract, and that's all you can do.

If you were talking a special firearm that was rare, maybe it would be worth your time to do something different, but it's not a rare muzzleloader. Find another and do the deal.

Jeremy

def90

WKR
Hard no on paypal friends.. the guy is a flake and apparently not motivated to sell at best, scammer at worst. I would ditch him and leave bad feedback.

OP
stonewall

stonewall

WKR
Well everyone, I'm back. After I hammered the seller on the feedback (day 6), I got a few emails and a phone call. he was very apologetic and seemed genuine. i felt 50/50 about sending money, but did so anyway. In talking to him, he told me it was his grandfather's gun that he inherited. as to why he didn't answer my calls - he didn't recognize the number and never checked his voicemails. after all that, communication from that point was excellent. he shipped the gun promptly and everything looks to be in order (i just received it). he also sent me many pictures before shipping of the gun in packaging process (he also sent it in a cheaper hardshell case). so all's well that end's well

MThuntr

WKR
I get the not answering the call the first time but not listening to voicemail would have been a big nope. Must have been a younger dude if he didn't to bother to listen to them.

Glad it worked out for you