Gunwerks and FFP Scopes

Listened to this podcast with the GoHunt guys and Aaron Davidson and found the FFP scope discussion pretty interesting. Aaron mentions that dialing for wind is foolish and that all hunters should be using FFP scopes. Interesting points made but I'm not sold on it.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I love how unabashed Aaron is on podcasts, it is such a fun listen, regardless if you agree or disagree. Reminds me of how Jason Hariston used to be about his company. I don't have an opinion one way or another, but love that they are pushing beliefs through the product offering (the reticle looks awesome). His calling out other companies for copying was also some good stuff, ha.

Interesting. I didn’t listen to it. But I guess everyone has their own style. I prefer 2nd focal scopes for hunting. I don’t dial for wind either.

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
For me, the Gunwerks reticle sucks. But Gunwerks, specifically their ballistic rangefinders and scopes, are built around a particular workflow. If you only know or prefer that specific workflow, then their products will work well for you.

How many times does Aaron mention the eotvos effect in this podcast? :LOL:
He mentions some european guy on youtube that he likes, no reference to Eotvos that I can recall.

He mentions some european guy on youtube that he likes, no reference to Eotvos that I can recall.
He might be referring to thlr as the European he likes on YouTube. I may be talking out of my ass but I think thlr helped design the gunwerks reticle as a simplified version of his own reticle.

For longer range shooting FFP reticles are ideal, if there’s a chance you’ll be getting in on closer shots then working with a tiny reticle when you’re dialed down is difficult. I agree wind is much better to hold than to dial. Go shoot a field or PRS match and you’ll understand why all the “good” shooters hold wind, and it’s something you’ll start incorporating into your own setup. Kind of one of those things you’ll fight, but once you do it then you’ll love it.