Gunwerks Revic BR4 Rangefinder

This is for those of you who use Outdoorsmans heads/products and also may want to use your rangefinder on a tripod and still have it fit in a pouch/case. I thought this may be helpful to you.

I took an Outdoorsmans adapter plate and milled it down .150" on the top side so it didn't protrude so far on the bottom of the rangefinder. This made it less bulky and allows for a better fitment. It is also much easier to take in and out of the pouch. Also, you do have to cut and shorten the screw (or buy a shorter one) or it will bottom out on the rangefinder before it will secure the plate to the bottom.

20220324_113333.jpg20220324_111726.jpg20220324_111845.jpg20220324_112004.jpg

My BR4 fits snugly in my front zipper pocket on my AGC. If it were 1/2 inch wider it would be perfect but it does indeed fit.

Got mine yesterday, think we are going to get along well. Anyone removed the front lens cover? That thing is not going to work in shooting comps. Hate to just cut it off. Looks like the pin might could be pushed out?

Got mine yesterday, think we are going to get along well. Anyone removed the front lens cover? That thing is not going to work in shooting comps. Hate to just cut it off. Looks like the pin might could be pushed out?

I've been tempted, just haven't looked at it close enough yet.

Couple small taps with a 5/64 punch on the small side and I was able to pull it out with my fingers no problem. Make sure you hit the small side, on mine it punched from right to left if you were holding the RF in front of you ranging something.

8612E699-F741-404A-AB09-5182DAC0957C.jpegFD5B2606-73F8-4ADA-89CE-8E0E070EE646.jpeg

This also allows it to fit easier into a reg FHF pouch:

771EBEB1-12D5-4C4D-BB21-4F0AD117D8C8.jpeg

It’s not a perfect fit but it works in a pinch.

How’s everyone’s experience long term?

How’s the performance of the ballistic calculator? I’ve used the br2 in the past and the calculations never lined up

Youre calculations never lined up with what?
Other ballistic calculators, apps, etc. Enter the same data (bc, velocity etc) and the br2 was off by a significant margin.

Curious if the new BR2 is the same or if it has updated ballistic solver. Ex- if you plug the info into a Kestrel 5700 and BR2, will it give the same MOA adjustment or at least very close?

I cant comment on that but the BR4 uses its own algorithms to come up with solutions, meaning they dont use ABS or something similar like other products do. The majority of errors are input related

I cant comment on that but the BR4 uses its own algorithms to come up with solutions, meaning they dont use ABS or something similar like other products do. The majority of errors are input related
Agreed. I never have had any issues with the BR2. Atmospherics are taken from the RF and with proper BC and MV, MOA corrections were spot on for me out to 1k.

Back