Hanwag Alaskans and Lathrop insoles

Gman

WKR
Great to hear you figured it out. It's well documented your feet swell when putting in lots of backcountry miles - especially with a heavy pack. I didn't think of that originally but I would bet that's what was happening. This is a good thread for just about everyone to remember.

OP
Nick Muche
I didn't do anything special. Just wore them much too tight the past few months.

Huntfun

FNG
I have two pr of the Alaskan GTX, one pr I got from Lathrop & Sons several years ago and another I pick up when I was in Prague on a trip last spring. I have Lathrop's Syn footbed in all my Hanwag boots. The pr I got from Lathrop have been used on several Elk hunting trips in the Mts and hiking to get in shape for hunting so they are as broke in as they are going to get. I find on my left foot only up by my little toe my foot goes numb and hurts after approx 3 miles walking and approx the same or sooner hunting in the Mts. I find myself not wanting to wear them when hunting but they are the most stable boots I have for hunting in really rough terrain where the Mt Lights do not provide the stability I need and want. Due to this issue, I have not even used my new pr I picked up in Prague thinking I may need to sell them if I cannot resolve this issue...wish I never bought them. I also have a pr of Mt Lights I got from Lathrop and do not have this issue. I do not believe it is a result of how I tie them. Any suggestions? Is this the area others have has issues with? Can these boots be stretched in specific areas without hunting them? I am going to give the Lathrop boy a call as many have suggested...can't believe I haven't thought of that myself!