Harvester Evo vs Nomad TI

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve narrowed down my search to these 2 suppressors. This will be my first one and will be for hunting with anything from 223 to 300 WM.

I’m now in analysis paralysis. Physical Specs aside as they seem close to me…with Black Friday deals at Capital Armory the Nomad TI is about $200 more than the Evo. Pewscience has the Nomad TI ranked 7 points higher than the harvester 300. I didn’t see the evo in their rankings, so maybe that’s not even relevant.

From my research it seems these suppressors are about in the same class with most saying the Nomad is slightly better. Both companies seem solid. I’m leaning towards the Nomad, but saving $200 with the Evo sounds pretty good too.

So here’s the question: is the Nomad $200 better than the Evo? I’m sure this is very subjective, but hoping I’m either missing a key detail between the 2 or someone has experience with both.

Thanks in advance and sorry for another “Which suppressor” question

TxLite

WKR
Not to throw more information into your analysis paralysis, but the scythe ti is a direct competitor to the nomad ti while weighing less then both your current choices. From what I’ve seen, both the nomad ti and scythe ti have more internal volume than the evo and should suppress better.

Also, based on Dead Air’s recent customer service history I personally would avoid purchasing anything from them.

OP
stank.243

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
Also, based on Dead Air’s recent customer service history I personally would avoid purchasing anything from them.
Good to know. A quick google search turned up a lot of recent negatives with them I hadn’t seen.

Maybe the Evo will take the edge now 😅

I’ll check out the Scythe!

Thanks!

matthewmt

WKR
I have a harvester evo. It's not the lightest but it suppresses well IMO, I was going to buy another when I get a chance.
The removable base allows for direct thread attachments or QD. Suppresses 300wm just fine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

WKR
A diligent defense enticer sti is very comparable to the nomad ti, and can be found competitively priced. But the scythe looks interesting too.

Tahoe1305

WKR
DD Enticer STi or Silencerco Scythe
Have both in jail and pretty excited about it. I agree if weight and overall function is the goal. Won’t be the quietest (it’s not a 9” can) but will do a great job.

Fwiw I got a Nomad LT out of jail recently and on at least supersonic ammo I can’t say I’m too impressed with it over my omega300. Not saying it isn’t a bit better. But supers are still “loud”. I’m fairly confident shooting subs through the LT will be amazing though (haven’t yet).

Reactions: JLM

WKR
Have both in jail and pretty excited about it. I agree if weight and overall function is the goal. Won’t be the quietest (it’s not a 9” can) but will do a great job.

Fwiw I got a Nomad LT out of jail recently and on at least supersonic ammo I can’t say I’m too impressed with it over my omega300. Not saying it isn’t a bit better. But supers are still “loud”. I’m fairly confident shooting subs through the LT will be amazing though (haven’t yet).
What are you shooting the nomad lt on?

I just got to shoot mine for the first time on a 20" 7prc and I was pleased with tone and recoil reduction. 1/4 moa poi shift from brake to can, which surprised me.

Looks like DD Enticer S-Ti would be in the same $ ballpark as a Nomad Ti with the discount.

Everyone budgets and has different $ concerns but for something you have to wait so long for and that isn't easy to offload, buying exactly what you want isn't something most will regret.

WKR
Looks like DD Enticer S-Ti would be in the same $ ballpark as a Nomad Ti with the discount.

Everyone budgets and has different $ concerns but for something you have to wait so long for and that isn't easy to offload, buying exactly what you want isn't something most will regret.
I bought an enticer sti for sub 700 from double m defense and had it transferred to my lgs. Even with an extra transfer fee, it was 750 or so.

Edit: I didn't see the free stamp special for the nomad ti on CA. WG was right, they are close in price.

Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR
What are you shooting the nomad lt on?

I just got to shoot mine for the first time on a 20" 7prc and I was pleased with tone and recoil reduction. 1/4 moa poi shift from brake to can, which surprised me.
About the same….a 20” 7wsm. Not saying it isn’t good. Just saying it is still loud (I feel that way about all supersonic shooting though) and not a ton better than an omega300 (2” shorter).

Tahoe1305

WKR

I snagged a STi for $600 during various sales. I’d say it’s cheaper than the Nomad. Evo I think still cheaper yet (locally can snag one close to $400). But with the stamp and the wait, if money isn’t primary concern I’d snag the Scythe. Should easily outperform all mentioned in a lighter/ smaller package and just a tad more $ than nomad ti.

Last edited:

jolemons

WKR
My dealer specializes in cans. He does a lot of sales volume and has one of about everything that he personally owns. He pointed me toward the Nomad Ti for my use. My can arrrived the same week he got in a Scythe. His comment was that the Scythe is now his go to by a small margin over the Nomad Ti.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
stank.243

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up ordering the EVO this morning. From what I have read and seen I think I'll be happy with it. $800 at checkout. I thought hard on just jumping up to the Scythe, but in the end saving a few hundred bucks won out. With saving up for my wedding this spring money was a factor to me

I'm sure at some point I'll grab another one and convince myself then to shell out the extra money. I appreciate the feedback even though I did the opposite of what was suggested haha

I have a harvester Evo and a dead air nomad 30, not the TI version. They are pretty dang close, but if I had to choose, I would take the dead air nomad over the harvester Evo.
To my ear at the dead air nomad has better sound suppression than the harvester Evo but that might just be me.

Unckebob

WKR
I have an Evo and a regular Nomad. From a suppression perspective, I cannot really tell the difference between them. They both kill recoil very well.

The EVO is slightly heavier than it's advertised weight because they don't include the mounting device in their advertised weight.

Personally, I would get a titanium can if I had to do it again.

matthewmt

WKR
My LGS has the EVO for 535$ with 2 direct thread options included (5/8x24-1/2x28).

Silencerco advertises the EVO for over 600 + additional 125$ per thread option.

I was thinking of a 2nd but I will research this other TI option.

Unckebob

WKR
My LGS has the EVO for 535$ with 2 direct thread options included (5/8x24-1/2x28).

Silencerco advertises the EVO for over 600 + additional 125$ per thread option.

I was thinking of a 2nd but I will research this other TI option.

My Evo came with the two direct thread options you listed.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
I snagged a STi for $600 during various sales. I’d say it’s cheaper than the Nomad. Evo I think still cheaper yet (locally can snag one close to $400). But with the stamp and the wait, if money isn’t primary concern I’d snag the Scythe. Should easily outperform all mentioned in a lighter/ smaller package and just a tad more $ than nomad ti.
Where in Colorado did you find an EVO for ~$400?