Hatch or MDT Cykepod triple pull

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t handled either one and looking for opinions. Shooting off of a bipod suits me really really well. Just got back from a spring bear hunt and could have really utilized the option of going tall like either the hatch or mdt cykepod offers for a steep angled down hill shot.

From videos, it seems like the cykepod has a slight advantage from functionalities and sturdiness but loses on weight which doesn’t scare me a hell of a lot because the bipod I have on now is a heavy little sucker too. The cykepod is also twice as expensive.

Which one are you using?

Dezurtrat

Lil-Rokslider
I have the hatch and it's pretty versatile especially being able to sit down behind it. But! I fought it last season trying to setup on a buck on a steep slope that was cross canyon from me. The right leg kept collapsing on me when I was getting setup.
I picked up a cyke pod double pull lightweight. It weighs the same as the hatch, It doesn't go up very high something like 21" but I'm able to sit behind it hunched over a little bit if that helps.

Last edited:
For the price of a Ckye triple pull you could just get a proper shooting tripod though. Between Hatch/Ckye though I'd go triple pull.

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
For the price of a Ckye triple pull you could just get a proper shooting tripod though. Between Hatch/Ckye though I'd go triple pull.

I have a good tripod and love shooting off of it when time allows but I have had multiple situations where fast deployment of something stable like a bipod would be more suitable

I have a good tripod and love shooting off of it when time allows but I have had multiple situations where fast deployment of something stable like a bipod would be more suitable
If you have a good tripod I think a double pull might suit your uses better. A double pull would be more complimentary of a shooting tripod than a triple pull would be.

huntnful

WKR
My buddy has a double pull and a hatch. And I have a hatch. We’ve compared them pretty heavily side by side, and both like the hatch more. The CKYE isn’t near as beefy and has slop between the extension connections. Also the legs pull out extremely easy and it is annoying every time you slide the rifle out the back seat or something if there a little gear on it, the double pull legs extend. I’d just imagine the triple pull would be the same.

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy has a double pull and a hatch. And I have a hatch. We’ve compared them pretty heavily side by side, and both like the hatch more. The CKYE isn’t near as beefy and has slop between the extension connections. Also the legs pull out extremely easy and it is annoying every time you slide the rifle out the back seat or something if there a little gear on it, the double pull legs extend. I’d just imagine the triple pull would be the same.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for saving me some coin too. The ADM head will clamp to Arca, right? It looks adjustable on the tension from pics

huntnful

WKR
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for saving me some coin too. The ADM head will clamp to Arca, right? It looks adjustable on the tension from pics
I’m not sure about arca. Better look into that. I think it’s only for a pic rail, unless they have an Arca specific option

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure about arca. Better look into that. I think it’s only for a pic rail, unless they have an Arca specific option
They have an ADM option that I believe will work. I’ll double check though! Thanks for the input

cowboy300

WKR
I’ve had both and the triple pull is a lot more competition oriented. I use it extensively in NRL Hunter matches and a few hunts where weight isn’t a big deal. The hatch can get close to triple pull performance in the field and weighs less but is slower overall in adjustment on the fly for a shot.

If speed is important go with the Ckye pod. If weight is important go with the Hatch.

There is a reason guys are spending close to $2k to piece together a hybrid triple pull lightweight for comps.