Havalon Baracuta Blaze or Outdoor Edge Razor-Lite

Huntnfish, or any one else reading. Did you ever pickup the Outdoor Edge Razor lite. Compare it to the Barracuda? I see Eastmans is offering the knife for $10 with a Subscription renewal. Its got to be worth 10 dollars eh?

I did that deal and should know more after this season, so far I'm impressed enough to leave the havalon home. Can't compare to the barracuda as I have the piranha.

I just picked up a gerber w/ replaceable scalpel blades. Blade switch out is easy. The one thing i don't like about havalons is that i need pliers to switch blades safely.

Fwiw Havalon has the pirahana on sale for $29 on their site.

I thought the 60a (thicker) blades would slide on easy like the XT's but no, they fit but it takes pliers.

Damn, Why did I not see that Great Video before heading to Alaska.. Thanks 1000 times over for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. Cut the crap out of my thumb with the ol Havalon on that trip but not while swapping blades. Also picked up the Outdoor Edge knife on the trip.. I think both have their merits.

I have the Baracutta and I think it's great. I also think changing blades is super easy even when bloody. I have the fillet blades and have used them on a lot of fish too, they're really nice. They also make a saw blade for it. I haven't necessarily felt like I needed one but they look like they could be handy- it would be a really light weight addition to your kill kit if you thought you would use a saw during your butchering.
Yeah, changing blades on the Piranha has never been an issue for me either. (Nice video though Todd!)

So back to my question about which to put in my Kill Kit........
Between the Baracuta & Razor, I feel the major deciding factor is the weight difference.
So I have to go w/ the lighter of the two, Baracuta make's the grade for the kill kit.

But, I think I'm going to have give the Razor a try as well as general purpose pocket folder.
Thanks, Hunt'nFish

Last edited:
Back