Have Ontario Whitetail numbers recovered yet?

When I was researching a whitetail hunt there 4 years ago, a few Ontario residents, and even some local outfitters, advised me to save my money and book elsewhere for a few years until the herds rebounded some. I'm wondering if 4 years was enough to increase the herd back to previous levels, or should I give it a few more years.

Also, does anyone have any personal experience and recommendations for a quality outfitter up that way?

mmanincor

Lil-Rokslider
Numbers are recovering very slowly. Talked to several people from up there as well as a few people from my home area that went up there this past season 2021. I would wait at least 2-3 years with good winters. Wolves sound like a big problem also.

12wander

FNG
I have a friend in NW Ontario north of Vermillion Bay that has a resort (camp) and they got smacked with snow early and keep getting more. I don’t thinks he has ran deer hunts for the last 3 or 4 seasons now due to the low deer numbers. He said he won’t again this year. He said if they don’t get a early warmup it could be another large winter kill.
He also said the wolves are eating well with the deep snow. Which sucks as I was hoping to get up there this fall.