Have you ever gone too light?

Select all that apply

• Total voters
OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Knife for me. Tried one of those titanium skeleton knives but just couldn’t grip it well.

Maverick1

WKR
Body fat percentage here. The elk hunting mantra of “Get in the best shape of your life” is only somewhat accurate. Taking that to the extreme - and having single digit body fat percentage - actually has its drawbacks in the mountains. Works well for one day….but not the best for multiple days in a row.

Decker9

WKR
Black diamond FLZ’s. After breaking 2 poles in 2 sets, I contacted BD. “FLZ’s aren’t meant for heavy use” was the reply (along with warranty replaced with the alpine carbon corks). The FLZ’s are nice, but to light for anything serious ime.

madcalfe

WKR
Black diamond FLZ’s. After breaking 2 poles in 2 sets, I contacted BD. “FLZ’s aren’t meant for heavy use” was the reply (along with warranty replaced with the alpine carbon corks). The FLZ’s are nice, but to light for anything serious ime.
I've had good luck with the black diamond FLZ.
I tripped walking down a chute and for sure thought they were done and just the top knob on the foam grip ripped off. going on 4 years with them. There's no more blue paint left on the lower 2ft of the poles.