Hawk takedown and great northern side mount

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my Hawk takedown and it’s amazing, so is the bower!

I’m looking for a quiver, the great norther side mount with kickback and the Great Northern Straight 5-Arrow Gripper seem like a great option.

Is anyone running this?
Thanks mike

oldgoat

WKR
I have a strap on kickback on my Bear 76er, basically because that's the only quiver that will work on it. I much prefer my Selway Quick Disconnect slide on quivers in 6 arrow model on bows they work on. If you go GN make sure you get the deep hood model in you use or might use at a later date longer broadheads.

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Thunderhorn on my hawk 15” riser. While I liked it the short riser length really fanned the arrows out. And a kickback option would have made life easier

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
The riser is gone. I found the sight window to small for my shooting style. Thanks

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have to the side mount great northern quiver on my bivouac backland. It’s pretty awesome. Not the kickback but the standard one. It seems to fit perfectly and great northern is a kick ass company to work with. That’s all I’ll buy moving forward.

Edit: sorry, I guess mine is the stable mount so it attaches in one spot to the front of the riser and in on the side for the other part. Still a great quiver. I’ll be getting one for my black widow when that gets here. They do custom graphics too.

OP
C

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to get the great northern. I have not decided on broadheads. Would you get the longer head version to support longer broadheads like the woodsman just in case?

oldgoat

WKR
I’m going to get the great northern. I have not decided on broadheads. Would you get the longer head version to support longer broadheads like the woodsman just in case?
You definitely want the deeper model, I don't even think the standard will cover a 250gr cutthroat which are long but not super long

I mainly use Great Northerns and in my opinion are very tough to beat for a all around bomb proof quiver. I like the strap ons but the side screw mount ones are nice too and really lock it down

PatrickW

FNG
Yes. I just cut one in half and drilled about a 1/16-3/32 hole in each half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatrickW

FNG
No, I have an in-line gripper that I could put on it, but I prefer the standard. I think it’s more solid, not quite as much vibration.