Hawkins Precision Direct Mount 30mm Tikka Rings

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
You guys should add the height from top of reciever to bottom of ring on the website under additional information.

Right now it shows 4x2x6 in for the dimension.

The lows are low and the highs are high.

I will have Caleb get that info from Andy.

Here is the sizing

Andy is going to be getting 34mm done sooner than the 1" as he has never made or carried 1" rings, so these tikka 1" rings will be ground breaking for him. Time line is when he gets a chance to design them and then hope we sell enough to make it worth his while.

If you guys were willing or able to email or message andy hawkins [email protected] and let him know how popular these will be for mountqin weight, pack weight rifles, maybe that will help speed things up a bit.Screenshot_20181026-100529_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20181026-100529_Chrome.jpg

BAKPAKR

WKR
I ordered a pair of the low 30 mms last week while they were in stock. They arrived within a few days after placing the order. Thanks, Bertram Brass.

The rings appear to be well made. They also have engraved arrows on the bottoms so mechanically challenged people like me won’t wind up with a 25 MOA cant in the wrong direction. Until I decide on a scope for my 6.5 CM Superlite, I will have to get by with the 3-9 Leupold and Talleys I threw on it for the last few days of deer season.

57773749-AC9B-42E3-BE44-F4A8DF1F470F.jpeg

slowelk

WKR
Here is the sizing

Andy is going to be getting 34mm done sooner than the 1" as he has never made or carried 1" rings, so these tikka 1" rings will be ground breaking for him. Time line is when he gets a chance to design them and then hope we sell enough to make it worth his while.

If you guys were willing or able to email or message andy hawkins [email protected] and let him know how popular these will be for mountqin weight, pack weight rifles, maybe that will help speed things up a bit.View attachment 87557View attachment 87557

Dumb question - the sight height with the lows is 1.59"?
I just ordered two sets of these.

Edit: another question - what are the torque specs?

Last edited:
I am enjoying them. Saves right around 5oz over a rail, low rings (seekins) and an accessory bubble level.
View attachment 87604
Looks like the lows are pretty close to perfect with SWFA's?? Looks like SHV 3-10? Comparison to SWFA on clarity? I've got a pile of 3-15 SWFA. Very pleased with them for weight and price and reliability. Wondered if the SHV blows them out of the water for the extra $$$$

mt100gr.

WKR
Looks like the lows are pretty close to perfect with SWFA's?? Looks like SHV 3-10? Comparison to SWFA on clarity? I've got a pile of 3-15 SWFA. Very pleased with them for weight and price and reliability. Wondered if the SHV blows them out of the water for the extra $$$$

Yes, the lows are very good for the 42mm scopes. And yes, thats a 3-10 SHV.

As for clarity, I'm pretty easy when it comes to an aiming device. I had the 6x side by side with the SHV and was doing some dry firing on a plate at 800+ and neither scope left me wanting. I haven't had a chance to do much with the 10x but so far the glass is more than adequate. I probably wouldn't have the SHV if I had owned a SWFA Scope prior. For the money, the swfa ss scopes are very good. I like the capped turrets on the SHVs that I own but I don't worry about accidentally turning the swfas - just becomes are habit to check that I'm at my zero.

freebird

WKR
Ryan, are you using the hawkins hybrid ring/bases??? if your using them do you bed them?? I got them for my remington 700 and was having some issues and I noticed that the back base was not setting flush on the top of the action.