Headlamps.....yet again

I run an older nitecore now. My zebra and black diamond storm crapped out in the field. I have some cheap Walmart lights that I use a lot around the house. One is 7 years old. Not sure the expensive ones are truly worth it.

The Zebralights have worked well for me. If I am in anything remotely unfamiliar I prefer the spot as it allows me to see a greater distance. For known spots, around camp etc the floody brightens up a wide area very well.

Esse quam videri

How is the size of the HM70R? Will it fit in a front pants pocket, and/or small pouch on a pack waist belt? For reference I'm used to a Zebralight that runs on a single AA. Not sure how big these bigger lamps get compared to those compacts.

I wouldn’t want to walk around with either the 60 or 70 in my pocket but I haven’t really found a AA or AAA light I like. I considered the 18650 to be the end all be all flashlight battery but the 21700 seems like it could trump it. The 18650 batteries I have range from 2600-3500 mAH and the 21700s are 5000 mAH. We use them to charge cell phones/ garmin inreach/ juul pens (I know I know) so having the extra mAH really helps. See attached photo for size reference. I’m taking them home from the office today to put on a scale and will relay what I find.
937408388ab1cb3adc22d917b65f8cc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Milwaukee headlamp for no cost (work for Milwaukee) I was really impressed with the flood option. That being said I’ve always just used cheap head lamps prior and don’t have much to compare

Last edited:

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the bd spot and like it. Just picked up a Lightbar sport and it’s grey but has a very short range