qy7yqy5e.jpg

But also think BIGGER

veqa7any.jpg

3ase2evu.jpg

abudeheb.jpg

asy2y7ap.jpg

zynyrugu.jpg

herapu3e.jpg

there is not a chance in H#LL im using any of that during gun season. I watched a guy sneak up on my dsd hen last year and dang near blew its head off. he walked away with a "Gently" used decoy that day...

my thoughts for turkey are always to get their attention away from my draw. I would think this would bring their eyes right to you.

groe

FNG
Im going to try to embed a video to this thread to view. Does one need to be careful...certainly, but we are not lurking in the shadows with our decoys. With Heads Up Decoy, I stop at almost nothing to be SEEN. Turkeys, deer...the draw cycle does not phase them as much as one would think. They are expecting movement so they don't flinch until the arrow hits them. Remember that when a deer, elk, antelope, or turkey commit to the Heads Up Decoy...they've made that choice from a distance and once they decide to come in...the only thing that stops them is the arrow. good luck to all and thanks for the support. Our products are a blast to use.

https://vimeo.com/90288937

GR
Heads Up Decoy

That's pretty awesome right there, I still would be hesitant using it in some areas I hunt, it's pretty thick. But In more open areas that looks pretty fun.

groe

FNG
Thanks guys, they are really fun. All of our products can put you right in the middle of the action in places with minimal cover.

GR
Heads Up Decoy

amp713

WKR
I wouldnt use it where i hunt.... One im not packing that back into the back country and if im close to the road (turkey hunt, extended boundaries, antlerless tag) I live out in the sticks where most hunting is done with a case of beer and lots of ammo. I like the idea and know a guy who killed a stellar buck using it last year but I prefer to not be filled with lead or arrows.

alukban

FNG
I just ordered the thing :)

I'll be giving it a go this spring. I'm on private land so the safety thing is less of an issue. Also, you don't HAVE TO mount it to your bow - just use it like a regular decoy if you're concerned about yahoos. I really like the portability aspect AND PRICE!

BOW1144

Lil-Rokslider
I'm ordering one this week!

There is a lot of open areas that I hunt where you just can't set up a blind, plus I hate sitting in one spot waiting for them to come love having the option of being mobile it satisfies my ADHD!

groe

FNG
Thanks Chris, your handle is very appropriate. Are you guys done? Or are there more turkeys to be slain?

trkyslr

WKR
Thanks Chris, your handle is very appropriate. Are you guys done? Or are there more turkeys to be slain?

we still have 5 weeks left...its a long season in cali. ill be back at it this weekend if possible with the family easter shindig, but after this weekend we'll be hitting it hard. i also have to get sdhtr his yard bird ;-)

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I too have had very good luck using the HUD with deer and turkey. It opens up a new realm and a chance to enter into the critter's world and how they may treat you if you were really one of them! Fun stuff!

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
I too have had very good luck using the HUD with deer and turkey. It opens up a new realm and a chance to enter into the critter's world and how they may treat you if you were really one of them! Fun stuff!

I'd be curious to try them, but would always be afraid of some idiot shooting me with it mounted to my bow... Lots of dumb people out there