Heavy Duty Tripod Recommendations

I know that this question is going to be out of the norm, as most are lightweight guys…but I’m looking for an affordable heavy duty tripod and could use some recommendations. This tripod is for truck/side by side hunting. So weight is not a factor. Stability is though! Tired of trying to digiscope and all I have is the shakes in my imaging. Currently trying to use a slik 634. Will be using a Kowa 883 with this. Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.

huntnful

WKR
The slik 834 is legit for pickup hunting, I wish it was even heavier yet. Its all I have experience with though.

I use a Manfrotto 290 Xtra CF on the bulk of my hunts. Proven to hold up to at least a STX 95. It just works. Mine has hundreds of days of in-field use in AZ, NM, KS, NE, TX and Mexico.

Can easily afford the $1K+ tripod lots of folks on this site pimp but never been in a situation that my tripod (whether this Manfrotto or my smaller/lighter Slik) was the reason for not tagging out.

For stability and price, nothing will beat a survey tripod. Only catch is you’ll need to adapt the 5/8” thread to 3/8” on your 883

There are a lot of options out there. I feel the best for the $$ is the

Benro Tortoise Carbon Fiber 2 Series Tripod System with S4Pro Video Head​

It is VERY sturdy and the fluid head is amazing. Here is a link to see the tripod, description and specs.

Keep in mind Rokslide members can use promo code bags23 on all Benro products at checkout and get 15% off.

Feel free to call me to discuss at 516-217-1000

Joel
Camera Land