Hello from Alaska 4x4 Rentals!

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey everyone!

I’m Sam, the fleet manager of Alaska 4x4 Rentals in Alaska. I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all a little bit about our company. We are not your ordinary rental company. We specialize in customer service, top tier vehicles, and getting you off the beaten path in Alaska.

356642083_10159262017751316_4349035469601299484_n.jpg
(Photo taken in Hatcher Pass, AK in June 2023)

For starters, we have locations in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and even Prudhoe bay. Our fleet consists of smaller SUV’s (Jeep Cherokees, Chevy Terrains, etc) all the way up to quarter ton and half ton trucks with and without canopy shells on them, and even 12 and 15 passenger vans. All the vehicles in our fleet are 2022 or newer. Imagine driving up to Prudhoe bay in a 2023 Yukon XL. (I just did it a few months ago and it was one of the most comfortable trips I’ve ever taken.)

DALTON.jpg
(Photo from about an hour south of Prudhoe Bay in September of 2023)

We are one of the only companies that lets their vehicles go on any maintained road in Alaska. That means it can be a dirt road, gravel road, ice road, etc. You can take our vehicles up the Dalton Highway to hunt caribou, take them down the Denali Highway for moose, McCarthy Road for an adventure, Seward for fishing, or anywhere else!

_DSC1444.jpg

We do offer special “Hunter pricing” which is a good chunk discounted from the normal price. If you’re interested in booking, please send me a message with dates, location, vehicle type, and any other information you’d like to share. Please keep in mind, our prices slide up and down nearly daily, and heavily depend on the season and booking time. Quotes are only good for so long, so booking far in advance really helps.
Check us out at www.alaska4x4rentals.com and if you see me huffing and puffing across the tundra in the fall, please don't laugh at me.

Jeep.Splash.jpg

Hi Sam,
When does Alaska 4x4 start taking reservations/booking vehicles for an August or September hunt? 1 year prior, January 1, etc?
Thanks, Jeff

OP
Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi Sam,
When does Alaska 4x4 start taking reservations/booking vehicles for an August or September hunt? 1 year prior, January 1, etc?
Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, I could book you for September 2030 now if you wanted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I should probably firm up my plans a little more before booking, but hopefully it will be much sooner than 2030.

Bamastan

FNG
Hey guys, Ive been talking with Sam the last couple of days about a rental for the haul road. Great guy to talk to. Answered all my many questions. And so easy to get the deal done. Thanks again Sam.

OP
Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys, Ive been talking with Sam the last couple of days about a rental for the haul road. Great guy to talk to. Answered all my many questions. And so easy to get the deal done. Thanks again Sam.

Thank you! Can’t wait to see you out there!

dan2173

FNG
I will send you a PM when I hit my quota. August 24- Sept 5 is the approx. timeframe we are looking at for next year

awhit13

FNG
Normal price is $200/day for trucks (without tax). Thats not including the hunter discounts.

Do you mind shooting me a message for that discount code? I have a trip this August that I need to book a truck and trailer for.

OP
Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you mind shooting me a message for that discount code? I have a trip this August that I need to book a truck and trailer for.

There’s no code. Shoot me a message with your dates, location, and what else you need and I’ll get you taken care of! Or you can book online and I can fix the rates on my end.

AK_Chuck

FNG
Sent ya a message. Have not heard back.
That’s a common occurrence with them. Our rental broke down 2 hrs south of Coldfoot and, despite assurances within the hour that they were sending a tow and a replacement vehicle, it took about 16 hrs for them to reach our party.

5 of our group of 10 ended up hitchhiking, because having everyone sleep in the van would have been terrible. Passing semi took me to FBX.

After all of that- they claimed that the breakdown was our fault (it wasn’t) and they tried to charge one of our parties credit cards for over $32k. Lawyers got involved.

After 6 months of wrangling, they admitted we were not at fault and offered an apology earlier this month.

Best of luck dealing with them!