Help Kit Out New V3X (please).

Tahoe1305

WKR
So I had a moment of weakness (greatness) last night at an unnamed store in CO.

I have been looking at a new Mathews for a while and while browsing with ZERO intent to purchase, I saw a 29" VX3 (75#) marked at $999. Struck me a tad weird because the camo versions normally go from $1150-$1199. I asked and dude said, it wrings up at $1150....sorry. Of course I asked...what if I want it? Needless to say I snagged it at the $999 price (prior to other discounts).

On a friends good recommendation (mainly CS) I snagged a BG V3X integrated 3 pin slider sight when they came back in stock today from S&S,

Looking still at a rest and a quiver.

Leaning towards a two piece Mathews branded low pro quiver (about same $ as others and lighter/integrated/low profile). And an integrated QAD rest (probably not the one with Mathews on it to save $50...but appears identical). I am a tad torn between the new Epsilon rest by Hamskea (same $). Also I am a tad tempted to keep it simple with a good 'ol whisker biscuit....anyone want to talk me out of it?

Intended use is 80% hunting elk/deer and 20% target.

Open to input on rest and quiver and even other elements I may have missed. I am waiting on the 75#/80%/G mod for my draw length (27"), but the 70# drew really easily so not worried about those specs much.

Thanks!

Phil

Last edited:

JStol5

WKR
Huge hamskea fan here. With the epsilon being so low profile I really think you can't go wrong with it. That'll be my next rest on my next bow.

Jimbob

WKR
I upgraded to the epsilon on my vertix and I love it. Saved weight from the Hybride hunter, sleeker profile (the Mathews mount is perfect), and quieter. I would choose the epsilon hands down.

Epsilon all the way. I switched out the QAD and can’t be happier with the epsilon. If you don’t mind the cost, the low pro quiver is very nice. I would also suggest an 8* or 10* down stabilizer mount. It really settles that bow. My number one suggestion; the tripod legs. It’s so stupid how nice those things are. Again, the cost is crazy but once you have them you will never question the price.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I also have the V3X29 for hunting and the 33 for target/3D. My 29 has the QAD Integrate and the 33 has the Epsilon. The QAD is working very well on my 29 and I really like the arrow containment and slim profile, especially when paired with the Low Pro Quiver. I have used various models of the QAD for more than 10 years and never had a failure or issue. The setup is key with those rests.

The Epsilon is a bomb-proof rest and the setup is less finicky than the QAD. The cord can interfere with the LP quiver in some cases from what I have seen, but it is minimal. If arrow containment is not a consideration I believe the Hamskea is a great rest for hunting and/or target. You really can't go wrong with either one. They are two of the best and most popular rests on the market.

I agree with the other comment about the Engage Limb Legs. Get them! One of the best accessories they have ever offered!

The Low Pro Quiver is really nice! I'm using the quiver, Integrate rest, and a BG Pro dovetail sight in the Bridgelock and it all works very nice together and makes a beautiful streamlined hunting rig.

Good luck and enjoy your new bow! You got a good one!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

nexus

FNG
Congratulations on the score. In addition to the suggestions above, I found better consistency in my shots by changing the stock Engage grip over to Shadow Creek Archery side plates. Podium Archery does a Mathews bow build in one of their Youtube videos and discusses the merits of side plates versus a full grip. After changing I would agree with Josh's assessment in the video - less torque in my shots.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
All good stuff. Seems like a favoring of the epsilon.

I’ve read a few threads that the two piece low pro Matthew a quiver (not the qlite) will have contact issues with the epsilon (minor).

Anyone see that?

Moneyball

WKR
I will let you know about the contact soon.

I have the V3X 33, epsilon, and 2-piece Mathews low pro quiver. I am going to be timing my rest based on Devin Hall's advice over at Hamskea. I am pretty sure that I should be good to go. Stay tuned...

Moneyball

WKR
Just wanted to follow up on this one if you haven’t decided yet. I have the v3x 33 with the 2 piece fixed Mathews lo pro quiver.

I mounted the epsilon and ran the activation cord to my top limb and timed it according to Devin Hall’s advice. Nothing touches and it is solid as a damn rock! Loving this setup so far.

Arrows in the quiver do not touch the epsilon at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Just wanted to follow up on this one if you haven’t decided yet. I have the v3x 33 with the 2 piece fixed Mathews lo pro quiver.

I mounted the epsilon and ran the activation cord to my top limb and timed it according to Devin Hall’s advice. Nothing touches and it is solid as a damn rock! Loving this setup so far.

Arrows in the quiver do not touch the epsilon at all.

Thanks for the follow up.

I went with a QAD just because I got one $100 off. I also went with a BG pro three pin. Will snag the two piece quiver here shortly.

I am having a bit of a hard time with the lack of valley. It is jumpy as heck.

I don’t like the super low-pro quivers after having had issues with rests contacting. So, I’m a fan of anything with a double gripper that mounts either to the top riser mount or the sight mount. I’ve goofed with some trophy ridge stuff that doesn’t seem too bad, but I’m not sure how tough it would be. Tightspot kind of sets the standard for quivers nowadays, but I don’t like having to shove my broadhead in a foam hood. I’m gonna give the new trophy ridge VRSA light a try, you might want to check it out.

I haven’t toyed with the epsilon rest, but I know the AAE pro drop won’t allow me to run the two-piece tightspot on a hoyt. However, that rest is super consistent and easy to set up. If you’re wanting a cable-driven rest, then my vote goes towards the AAE prophecy.

devinhal

FNG
All good stuff. Seems like a favoring of the epsilon.

I’ve read a few threads that the two piece low pro Matthew a quiver (not the qlite) will have contact issues with the epsilon (minor).

Anyone see that?
I have seen a few cases where the cord contacted the LoPro quiver, but this is corrected by putting the cord knot on the inside edge of the limb instead of the outside. Let me know if you have any questions with the rest set up.

Moneyball

WKR
Going to agree with what devinhall said. Also, I run the V3X 33 with lo pro quiver and have my epsilon run to the top limb. No contact whatsoever.