Help me choose a Thermal Scope for AR Hogs and Yotes

section8mainiac

Lil-Rokslider
Help me chose a thermal scope

Budget: <$4,000

Features wanted: Range finder and video recording with remote viewing capability (cell phone viewing what the thermal sees)

Rifle: Stag AR-10 Pursuit. 18” barrel. 6.5 creedmoor (no man bun) Banish 30 suppressor

Use: Midwest coyote and TX hogs
Closer encounters for hogs, further shots for coyotes set up at night with calls etc. 400 yds

Any to stay away from?

I will also be in the market for a thermal handheld if y’all have any input.

400 yards is a long shot at night with a budget thermal. To have a LRF and stay under $4k I think you will need to go with a 384 unit or maybe AGM has something in that price range?

When hogs are in the mix everything I’ve seen says close range, low mag, large field of view.

300+ yard range coyotes means higher base mag.

I would try to get a 640, 2x base mag, 5 year warranty. AGM is probably the only brand that might fit the budget.

Scanner wise the Iray Finder looks good for the price.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My Pulsar rep said:
"For his price range and setup, the Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XQ50 Pro Thermal Riflescope #PL76555 is the way to go at $3,999.99. Best bang for his buck.
If he wanted something with higher resolution for coyotes he'd have to dip into the XP50/XG50 LRF lineup and be paying closer to $6,000 for a scope with an integrated LRF.

My AMG Rep chimed in with suggesting the AMG Varmint LRF TS35-640 Thermal Imaging Rifle Scope with built-in Laser Range Finder for $3,995.00
The Varmint LRF series of thermal riflescopes from AGM utilize many of the features that shooters have come to know and love in the ever-popular Rattler product family, but with one big addition: a 600-meter integrated laser rangefinder. This feature helps alleviate a common issue many shooters find themselves experiencing when hunting with any sort of digital optic, and that is the lack of depth perception that is inherent in optics utilizing a digital screen. The Varmint LRF TS35-640 pairs that LRF functionality with a 12 micron 640x512 thermal detector, which works in conjunction with a high quality 1024x768 OLED display. The Varmint LRF is powered by a single, non-proprietary, 18650 rechargeable battery, which provides users with 4.5 hours of continuous use in the field.