Help me decide on Leupold scope!

BS7

FNG
I recently bought a Browning xbolt pro 6.5prc and I cannot decide on which scope to get. I'm trying to decide between the Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x44/50 with the TMOA reticle or the Mark 5 3.6-18x44 FFP with the PR1-MOA reticle. This will be used mostly for hunting antelope, whitetails, and mule deer, but I also wouldn't mind using it for some long range target shooting every once in awhile. The price is pretty close to the same. The mark 5 looks like its about 5 ounces heavier though. I wish they had the PR-MOA reticle available in the VX6. Anyone have both of these scopes and why you would prefer one over the other?

I've heard the Mark 5 is bullet proof for dialing. If I didn't already have a nightforce on my 6.5prc I would put a Mark 5 on it.

I couldn’t afford a VX-6HD at the time, but so far my VX-5HD has been good on turning the elevation turret. I haven‘t heard much negative on the VX-6’s. Everything I have heard about the Mark 5s has been solid. 5 oz. sounds like the choice you have to make.

I recently purchased the Mark 5 HD for a 28 Nosler. I also intend it to be primarily a hunting scope but wanted the ability to do some long range target shooting. I haven't had a chance to test it out hunting yet but its been amazing for targets. I've run it out to 1000 yards multiple times and once even stretched its legs out to 1 mile. Not ideal for that range but I was able to see well enough to call my own impacts on dirt and make a hit on a 2 moa target.

Back