Help me pick a tikka stock.

HoytHntr4

WKR
You may have already but check out that “semi custom tikka builds” thread, lots of pictures of different stocks on Tikkas

I see Mesa Altitude stocks are $100 off right now for black Friday…

eamyrick

WKR
I really like Brown Precision Stocks. My Winchester finished and bedded stock was 22oz. I had lunch with Mark last week and was trying to get him to put out a Tikka pre-fit but am unsure if their is a market for the price.

arrow179

WKR
Reviving this thread! I ordered a Stocky’s Tikka VG2 stock and they are on big sale now and have new color options. According to their site they are 23oz. This will be my first Stocky’s so hopefully I like it.

MTbiggame

FNG
I’m also interested in the VG Stocky’s. Do they sell aluminum bottom metal also or do you need to get that elsewhere?

AkRyan

WKR
I have a altitude on on my tikka that your welcome to check out. Not sure where in AK you are though? I'm in wasilla

The mcmillan game warden v2 looks interesting to me. Distance from grip to trigger looks a bit long for my preference but hard to tell from pics.

Sled

WKR
If Gunwerx made a Clymr, that’d be the answer. They don’t.

Altera is okay, but the forend is fat and overall, it’s close, but not correct. And…they don’t make it anymore.

Wildcat composites? It’s light, but ergonomics aren’t correct.

Honestly, the ‘best’ options are factory stock with vertical grip module and grossly inletted for free float or the KRG Bravo for shootability with a weight penalty.

That clymr stock almost had me talked into another shitty Remington 700 clone just for the stock. It's been a couple years now and I'm not holding my breath but wish they'd inlet for a Tikka.

NSI

WKR
McMillan a3, Manners EH-1, and Stocky's VG seem to be the main widely available Tikka traditional stocks with the currently fashionable comb, heel, and grip configuration.

AkRyan

WKR
That clymr stock almost had me talked into another shitty Remington 700 clone just for the stock. It's been a couple years now and I'm not holding my breath but wish they'd inlet for a Tikka.
They won't inlet for tikka because it would hurt there sales for full custom rifles!!!

I have a McMillan classic edge on my 700. It fits me well so I love it. It wasnt cheap. It fit perfectly without any modification. If I ever buy a T3 I wouldnt hesitate to buy a McMillan edge for it. A stock is a very personal choice. I wanted a light , strong stock with a classic design. I have had it for about 6/7 years. No issues.

Smiley882

FNG
I love my Mesa Precision Altitude. Looks good and feels good.

Attachments

• 27AF2359-453F-4714-B3BB-BBF7B98010DC.jpg
    27AF2359-453F-4714-B3BB-BBF7B98010DC.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 134
OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I havnt gotten a stock yet. I think I want a basic, traditional style McMillan.

Sled

WKR
I havnt gotten a stock yet. I think I want a basic, traditional style McMillan.

The stockys carbon come in a traditional sporter style as well as the target style with vertical grip. Prices aren't too bad currently at around 20% off.