Help me pimp my Sig Cross

bard

Lil-Rokslider
Going to pick up a Sig Cross in 6.5 creedmoor. I need to pick a scope, add rails to shoot off bipod and tripod, add a muzzle break( no cans allowed in Commy Canada) also pick ammo to start as well as pick up some powder and bullets to eventually reload with. I have some LRX bullets and varget but other than that nothing that would work so looking for other powders and bullets. I hear the Cross can be a little picky so hoping others with the gun can help with what worked. I know nothing of arca rails or Picatinny rails so not sure what to use. Rifle will be 50% shooting steel and 50% sheep rifle so keeping weight down on rails, scopes, and bipod is somewhat important. Was leaning towards the vortex tactical 4-16x44 to keep costs reasonable unless someone can suggest a better scope in the same price range.

Spoonbill

WKR
Going to pick up a Sig Cross in 6.5 creedmoor. I need to pick a scope, add rails to shoot off bipod and tripod, add a muzzle break( no cans allowed in Commy Canada) also pick ammo to start as well as pick up some powder and bullets to eventually reload with. I have some LRX bullets and varget but other than that nothing that would work so looking for other powders and bullets. I hear the Cross can be a little picky so hoping others with the gun can help with what worked. I know nothing of arca rails or Picatinny rails so not sure what to use. Rifle will be 50% shooting steel and 50% sheep rifle so keeping weight down on rails, scopes, and bipod is somewhat important. Was leaning towards the vortex tactical 4-16x44 to keep costs reasonable unless someone can suggest a better scope in the same price range.
Trijicon has some scopes that are under 1000 in the credo line that may fit the bill for a scope.

OP
B

bard

Lil-Rokslider
Why no love for Vortex? I have never used one. Not worth the price?

Spoonbill

WKR
Not sure if you can get a trijicon or nightforce in canada, but that would be the way to go based on the scope eval thread. Also not sure of canadian pricing but the shv and credo lines both have a first focal plane scope that may fit in your budget. There are second focal plane options as well.

letrbuck

WKR
Skip the brake and especially the vortex. Get a Trijicon Credo, nightforce, or meopta optika6, good rings, and call it a day

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
You can get both NF and trijicon here, just gotta do some looking around

Bearman

FNG
The most significant improvement I did to my Cross was to swap the finicky factory barrel for a great pre-fit carbon barrel made in Canada (IBI) then I put Meopta glass on it.
It’s a tack driver now!

AXMC

FNG
Vortex can be good...but you need to step up to one of their higher levels. Their LHT 4.5-22 would be a good fit for that rifle, but way above your current price point.

Unckebob

WKR
When you mentioned pimping you rifle out, I was sure someone would try to point you towards an obscene/funny front hand stop. 🤪

Seriously:
1) I don't think a 6.5 CM needs a brake. I would rather take the mild recoil than deal with the blast and noise a brake would cause. Thus, my 6.5 CM has never had a brake on it.

2) Those rifles are begging for a custom cerakote job.

Good Luck

Last edited:
OP
B

bard

Lil-Rokslider
When you mentioned pimping you rifle out, I was sure someone would try to point you towards an obscene/funny front hand stop. 🤪

Seriously:
1) I don't think a 6.5 CM needs a brake. I would rather take the mild recoile than deal with the blast and noise a brake would cause. Thus, my 6.5 CM has never had a brake on it.

2) Those rifles are begging for a custom cerakote job.

Good Luck
Brake will be for when my kid uses it. Or the odd time at the range. Ended up buying an athlon argos scope. 50mm. what rings will work best? what height?

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
Helped a pard the other day,as he peeled away the Sig OEM 308 spout and swapped to a Carbon Six 6CM tube on his 'Cross.

Not much to it,though I prefer steel barrels.

My Brake Disdain,equals my Carbon Hate...............