help needed for installing hanging meat bag on highcamp

I purchased a hanging meat bag for my Highcamp 7000. It looks like both are set up to mate together but I can't figure out how. Does anyone have any picks of how they did it? Or be able to explain to me how? Thanks for any help you can offer. Hoping to use it this Fall to hall out elk in Montana!;)

I run the "k connectors" through the nylon loops that hold the plastic rings avoiding trying to put those connectors on the plastic rings. If you want to use the compression straps on the meat bag, you might try hooking the "k connectors" together & cinching them tight. Hope that helps.

OP
darcytribe
I run the "k connectors" through the nylon loops that hold the plastic rings avoiding trying to put those connectors on the plastic rings. If you want to use the compression straps on the meat bag, you might try hooking the "k connectors" together & cinching them tight. Hope that helps.
Holy Cow! That was SO simple that I feel like a duffus. Thanks man!

TD1

FNG
Funny story about that...... I just gotten mine about a week before a hunt last feb. With all else going on and being WAY behind with work and getting ready I just threw it in my kill kit and thought I'd figure it all out when the time came.... I mean, how hard could it be, right?

Long story short, this is in HI and we had been having monsoon rains for weeks on end, ground is soaked, green grass to your armpits. The rains let off for our hunt, but zero wind, none, humidity was pegged out. I killed a buck around 11:30, recovered him around noon, sun at it's peak and not a cloud in sight. Went down in a place with no trees and shade for hundred+ yards, and that was downhill and I needed to pack out up. Thick waist high grass, flattened out some grass all around him and got to work and in no time in my grass constructed "sauna room" steam bath i was getting heat stroke. What should have been a half hour 45 minutes was taking me two hours. I was nauseous and about to pass out a couple times, even though I was pounding the water, it was coming out as fast as it was going in. Get some meat in the game bag, lay down for a few minutes so I didn't fall down, then get up and cut some more

OK, maybe not so short a story... but time came to load up meat and I was having a terrible time figuring out that hanging bag. Frustration setting in, hands cramping up, world spinning. Giving up I needed to get to some shade. It took 3 or 4 trips up up to a rock pile at the top of the ridge about a 100 yards away that had a little "cave" for some shade. Once everything was there and in the shade I took off my boots and socks, my shirt, hat, etc. laid down a took a 3 hour nap. Felt so much better when I woke up, my body temps way back down.

The hanging meat bag suddenly made sense, went on so easy I was dumbfounded how I couldn't figure it out before. I use an MMR frame with cargo panel and had used the panel a few times packing meat, but with just meat bags it gets pretty leaky. You can get the load pretty secure, but you have to think it out well and usually re adjust a time or three on the way out. This hanging bag works perfect for what I wanted, great gear, it's got a permanent place in my kill kit. Load the bag and cinch it up, panel cinched up over that, pods and pockets attached to the panel. That last pack was 4 1/2 hours, all uphill. It never shifted, never needed adjustment. Kept nearly a 100lb load right were i wanted it.

You've got some great gear there. But one suggestion that was made to me that I should have done before my first load out with it is to seam seal it all around including where the loops and logos and such are sown through. Mine leaked a bit at the seams. Not a huge deal as my frame and panel had stuff leak on it before, cleans up decently with soap, a brush and a pressure washer. Much better than it was before without it. But seam sealing will make a big difference.