Hemming Pants

Jakerex

WKR
Curious. I have short legs so I need to get my pants hemmed often. In regards to hunting pants, what’s the consensus on length. Do you hem them so they fit properly with your boots on, without any bagginess, or do you leave them an inch or two long so when you’re sitting or stretching over a log that they don’t pull up, possibly over your boot top?

I can’t stand baggy pants, especially when there are creases and folds that can collect water, snow, mud, etc., but on the other hand, when I sit on my arss and pull my knees up to rest my elbows on while I glass, I don’t want my pants pulling up over my boot tops.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
i usually take wear my boots to the tailor that will do the hemming and put them on and then let them pin the bottoms and then walk, sit etc. Ive also had them take pants in on the legs theyre less baggy. I actually prefer doing this that way you have a custom fit

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Just did this same thing last week. Also getting them tapered to reduce swishing and keep a tighter fit around my boots to keep stuff out. Not sure on what it's going to cost, but should get them back in the next few days so can report back.

I like them on the longer side but not too long. When sitting they can come up some but I don’t want them above my boots or even near the top. Easy to pin or fold them up to see what works best for your preferences

I had a pair of Filson Tin Cloth hunting pants shortened...A little too much.
The cuffs just hang, not stack on my boots.
What I learned is they breath so much better when they're not stacked.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my pants back today and to get them tapered was $35. Normally would be around $20, but they had to do extra work where the kneepads go. Still not bad IMO.

Actually, I usually get them hemmed slightly shorter than I would normally.. I almost always wear gaiters while hunting so the shorter length keeps the hem away from the bottom of the gaiter and allows me to cinch it better around my boot.. Otherwise I hem them so they hang loosely with the hem at the top of the sole of my boot..