highcamp 4800 or bt2

ridgefire

WKR
I have the bt2, siwash and just got my 4800 in the mail today. I was sold on the bt2 but after using my Siwash for a couple years and then playing with the highcamp bag I think I like the highcamp more than the bt2. What do you guys like the most and why? Sure is fun playing with the packs.

Lawnboi

WKR
I really like my 4800, but I liked my t1 as well.

If I had both sitting in front of me prior to a trip I would not be able to make a decision.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
I had a T2 and I have HC 7000. While I liked the T2 I sold it when I got the HC 7000. I didn't find much use for the side pockets on the T2. The HC is lighter, bigger and in my view more versatile. I can run it without a lid and no pockets or I can add a pockets or two to the back plus a lid to get the same basic layout as the T2.

I even added two KU long pockets to the sides to get a "poor man's" EMR II.

I had a T2 and I have HC 7000. While I liked the T2 I sold it when I got the HC 7000. I didn't find much use for the side pockets on the T2. The HC is lighter, bigger and in my view more versatile. I can run it without a lid and no pockets or I can add a pockets or two to the back plus a lid to get the same basic layout as the T2.

I even added two KU long pockets to the sides to get a "poor man's" EMR II.
Exactly what I do.

OP
R

ridgefire

WKR
Maybe I will have to pick up another pocket or two. What pockets are you guys using? Also is the meat shelf needed or will the grabit or cargo chair suffice?

Maybe I will have to pick up another pocket or two. What pockets are you guys using? Also is the meat shelf needed or will the grabit or cargo chair suffice?
I used to have a ku3700 that I traded for my bhc7000, but I kept the ku long pockets,medium ku pod, & a ku grabit, & bought the ku adapter kits which works great. Ive never killed anything bigger than a mulley yet, so the hanging meat bag inside my pack works fine. I don't always use my ku stuff on the outside of my pack. sometimes I use the pockets like pullouts inside bag. If I didn't have the ku stuff already, I would buy all the same stuff, but buy the cordura stuff, so you don't need the ku adapters. Don't have any experience with the meat shelf, but from what Ive read about, it doesn't seem like something I would be interested in, even if I did kill something big like an elk. Hope that helps.