Hiking boots for flat feet

Any fellow flat footed hunters out there? Recommendations for hiking boots that have top notch arch support and are for folks with flat feet? My Oboz aren’t cutting it…
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumpalot

FNG
I have flat feet, I'm talking zero arch, and wide. I've been having luck with the Crispi's. But, I think a good insole is key. I really like the Sole moldable insoles.

OP
S
I have flat feet, I'm talking zero arch, and wide. I've been having luck with the Crispi's. But, I think a good insole is key. I really like the Sole moldable insoles.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll look into the Crispi’s, which model are you running? Yeah great point re: insoles. I’ll check out Sole

Jumpalot

FNG
I have the Idaho, Wild Rock, Colorado, Summit and Valdres Plus. As you can see, I like my Crispi Boots. These are all Wide but the Valdres does run narrow. I'm still in the process of working them in. All the other boots were good to go right out of the box.

Any fellow flat footed hunters out there? Recommendations for hiking boots that have top notch arch support and are for folks with flat feet? My Oboz aren’t cutting it…
Thanks!

There are two different camps of thought:

Support your foot with structured products.

Train your foot to be stronger and not need them.

If you're interested in the later ask away, but regardless good luck with it either way.

I've bought and returned a lot of boots for my hobbit feet. The best I've found are Lowa. I prefer a footbed with minimal contouring and use a moldable insole.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
Another flatfoot hunter here. About 15 years back while I was in the military, I had constant foot pain. After allot of wasted physio and other treatments I was referred to a podiatrist. I was fitted with custom orthotics that were made for my feet. The military paid for this, but in hind sight I would have gladly paid for it myself because they made such a difference.

I have since been able to use various types of footwear that in the past would of been impossible. Day to day foot pain is gone. Side benefit is my knees and hips and lower back feel better too.

I currently wear Hanwag Alaskans (into the 8th year with them)

Last edited:
OP
S
Another flatfoot hunter here. About 15 years back while I was in the military, I had constant foot pain. After allot of wasted physio and other treatments I was referred to a podiatrist. I was fitted with custom orthotics that were made for my feet. The military paid for this, but in hind sight I would have gladly paid for it myself because they made such a difference.

I have since been able to use various types of footwear that in the past would of been impossible. Day to day foot pain is gone. Side benefit is my knees and hips and lower back feel better too.

I currently wear Hanwag Alaskans (into the 8th year with them)

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a podiatrist. Sounds like that’s the move. I also have knee and hip pain from alignment issues and I’m way too young for that haha. Thanks for the comment, I’ll look into the Hanwags

WRM

WKR
I too have very flat feet. For a lighter boot, I used the Naglev highs last year and in turkey season and was very pleased. It has a leather foot bed, and it has molded well to my foot now. For heavier boots, I like the Lathrops' boot line and their gel insoles also. They also can provide custom orthotic, foot mapping and boot mods, if needed, tho I've not used any of those services. Good luck!

OP
S
Randy N just put out this video, great information for those who stumble on this thread

Jimss

WKR
I gut the insoles in all my boots. Quality boots plus insoles or orthotics are key. I also wear quality socks with different thickness padding. I buy my boots one size larger to give plenty of room for insoles socks and volume for my toes. Cinch laces when using lighter socks and relax laces for thicker socks in winter.

I have flat feet. The game changer for me was purchasing the Sheepfeet custom orthotics. I'm sure there are lots of other companies offering custom orthotics too.
How long did it take you to complete the whole process to get your sheepfeet custom orthotics?

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
Be careful with sheep feet. Ask about the return policy before you purchase. They will work on them if they don’t work but once you give up and ask for a return/money back they charge you a restocking fee. Yes a restocking fee for custom foot beds made for your personal feet that have 60 miles on them.

I then went with superfeet Black and they are the bomb.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I have wide flat feet, I've tried many crispi models, ended up with kenetrek mountain extreme in the wides and Thurgood insoles believe it or not, couple week break in and I'm good to go, plenty of room in the toe box and no heel slip.

apnea

FNG
Oboz Sawtooth work great for me, but other Oboz models not as good for my feet. I have problems with heel lift in most boots. Keep in mind the lasts can change year to year. Has forced me to switch brands before.