Hiking/hunting shorts?

Another vote here for EB Guide Pros. I've used the pants for years during cooler days scouting and the shirts over the last few years during the heat of the summer. I like that I can buy the same size in pants and shorts, not having to worry about sizing issues.

ohoopee

WKR
Swazi Micro Dri back are very comfy hiking shorts. I have also hiked a fair amount
in some of the Triple aught design shorts. My favorite summer hiking shorts are the
Swazi Poleys. The Poleys are shorter than you want but are very comfy in hot weather.
I am headed on a backcountry fly fishing trip this weekend in the Micro Dri backs.

Columbia silver ridge are great. The have had some camo versions too in the past. I like the longer 12 inch version for more coverage but they are harder to find

WKR
Can't see myself ever hunting in shorts.......
I never have, but there's long history of it in Africa. So if the weather in your area permits, why not?

As far as the notion of protection goes, the Rhodesian Light Infantry and Selous Scouts fought in shorts and sneakers - to include combat parachute jumps!

I’m a short shorts guy, 5” patagonia Baggies for me from march-october unless I need the protection from sun/bugs/turkey eyes.

Took til post 11 and no other love for pants with zip-off option? I hunt early season and hike/camp/ hunt exclusively in Columbia zip offs ... the same pant for 5 years! I need a new pant, finally got enough tears and sap and stains to replace. Recommended. I have only zipped off legs about twice in those 5 years.

LoggerDan

WKR
I log and hunt in cut off riggin pants. Old school cut offsE39BFBE6-B383-42BB-99FB-CC43876A8FE3.jpeg

Last edited:

dusky

FNG
Took til post 11 and no other love for pants with zip-off option? I hunt early season and hike/camp/ hunt exclusively in Columbia zip offs ... the same pant for 5 years! I need a new pant, finally got enough tears and sap and stains to replace. Recommended. I have only zipped off legs about twice in those 5 years.
Convertible cargo pants all the way. Prana's original Zion convertible cargo pants is one of my all time favs and they're finally worn but, but they stopped making them in that style. My Columbia cargo pants lack the stretch I like.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Being a taller guy it’s almost impossible to find shorts that go to the knee. I have searched long and hard and for lightweight shorts with great zipper pockets I recommend these relatively cheap ones from Amazon:
XKTTAC Men's Outdoor Quick Dry Lightweight Stretchy Shorts for Hiking, Tactical, Camping, Travel with 6 Pockets https://a.co/d/ezrn2ed