Hill People Gear Kit Bag for elk hunting

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
When I'm hunting Elk and I get into animals I will usually drop my pack (a Kifaru DT3) asap to call, stalk, and hopefully get a shot off. The result of this is that if I have a long stalk I might find myself far away from my food, water, and other gear.

I'm thinking of adding a HPG kit bag so that I can keep some of these items with me when I drop my pack and for a convenient place to keep a pistol, but I have a few questions:

-Are these pretty comfortable when wearing a backpack?
-Do HPG kit bags get in the way when shooting a bow?
Do they carry a small load comfortably enough to pack a small platypus bottle of water?

Thanks for your input!

muleman

WKR
KitBagBinos.jpg
I wanted to do the same as you. I even went as far as figuring out how to mount my binos on the Kit Bag. I carried between 1 and 2 pints of water, full sized hand gun, flashlight, and some snacks. I used it a lot on short hikes. The Kit Bag is comfortable when fully loaded but you know you have it on and would want to use the load dock system to attach it to your pack when you have both on.

In the end I decided to not use it when hunting. I never shot my bow with it on and believe it would have a large potential for interference. A Snubby Kit Bag might work better for archery.