Hilleberg Niak Vs Rogen

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, I know Im missing something here. So, can anybody explain to me why the Niak costs more than the Rogen. I THINK they are made out of the same material, and the Rogen Has Two entrances instead of one on the Niak, and the Rogen is bigger? I want a Niak bad, but it almost looks like you are paying more and getting less than other models.......almost makes you feel like a "sucker" to order one........lol

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure they about classify their Niak as a 3.5 season. It's a beefy 3 season, where as the rogen is not as beefy and really meant for warm weather. Looks like the outer tent on the Niak anchors lower to the ground as well over the rogen. I don't have either yet, I have the Soulo, but going to trade that out for the Niak given its weight/strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I called Hilleberg today and asked what the difference was. I was told " Probably costs more to make the Niak than the Rogen do to materials"
After I pointed out that they were the same fabric and that the Rogan had 2 doors and 2 vestibules and so "materials" can't be the reason, she then told me that it must have something to do with the construction process.......:eek:
I wish I would have been able to talk to Petra since the lady on the phone said Petra sets all pricing off of a formula based on what it costs to build the tent........:roll eyes:

Oh well Im ordering a Niak anyways. You can't beat a Hilleberg even if you do have to finance it like a house......lol