Hiring Thread

JakeSCH

WKR
Mod's, feel free to delete if this is not beneficial.

There has been an influx of job / career threads recently and I thought I would start one for those of us hiring!

If you are looking for a change of scenery, new positions, hopefully there will be some good ones posted below. Sure google / linkedin does the same thing but this will get different eyes.

I am hiring at General Atomics in San Diego. Yes, it is CA, but ocean fishing is great and there are opportunities to hunt throughout the year. We are hiring ton's of engineers, flexible work schedules, partial working from home, etc

Rokbar

WKR

There has been an influx of job / career threads recently and I thought I would start one for those of us hiring!

If you are looking for a change of scenery, new positions, hopefully there will be some good ones posted below. Sure google / linkedin does the same thing but this will get different eyes.

I am hiring at General Atomics in San Diego. Yes, it is CA, but ocean fishing is great and there are opportunities to hunt throughout the year. We are hiring ton's of engineers, flexible work schedules, partial working from home, etc

A co-workers son works for them. He mainly works over sea's about 8 months a year. Seems to like it.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a Maintenance guy in Kent, Ohio.
No experience necessary. Looking for some one that shows up to work with strong mechanical skills, and willing to learn.
Pm me if interested for more information.
I manage what I feel is a fairly laid back environment and it’s 4 day work weeks.

Last edited:

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider

Are new aerospace grads out of the question? My son is about to graduate?

sndmn11

WKR
We are hiring a business development person.

100% remote, active lifestyle focused (hunting, backpacking, skiing, biking, niche food, fitness, etc.), and is lucrative if you can handle a bunch NO's for the one YES.

Last edited:

Carr5vols

WKR
Hiring multiple Program Managers and Product Engineers for Tier 1 automtovie supplier outside Atlanta if anyone is interested.

I will give San Diego a plug. I grew up there and will say the outdoor activities are great. Year round fishing, great upland hunting, good turkey, great ducks and decent deer if you put some work in. If I was to go back to Cali, San Diego is my first choice even with the rest of the states politics.

lak2004

WKR
We are hiring a business development person.

100% remote, active lifestyle focused (hunting, backpacking, skiing, biking, niche food, fitness, etc.), and is lucrative if you can handle a bunch NO's for the one YES.
Sounds like a pretty cool company to work for!

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Cool thread and definitely watching but not sure if the OP or mods want it to go in this direction but... my wife and I have often dreamt about finding careers as care takers! The dream is to maintain and manage large residential vacation properties (2nd/3rd homes) for families. I have an electrical masters license, several maintenance certifications, experience in all of the building trades, and building and grounds management. I am currently a facilities supervisor for a hospital, 8 health clinics, a nursing home and an independent living facility. Her background is in hospitality management and catering coordination. She currently owns and operates a greenhouse, perennial garden maintenance and landscape design business. We love our jobs and our lives but still dream. We are in our early 50s, love to travel, get outdoors and experience new places. PM me for any potential leads! OP there may be an open position for a facilities supervisor here in central Vermont.

Axlrod

WKR
The company my wife works for is hiring in SW Montana. I'ts a R&D and high tech manufacturing company. They are looking for an assembly tech, Sr. mechanical engineer, Industrial engineer, and a controls engineer.

Fowl Play

WKR

What’s the fully remote stance on design engineering roles? After doing the aerospace startup thing for 11 years, I’ve had a blast, put in more hours than most, and am all good on stock options. I now am looking for 40hr a week, fully remote so I can travel some more. My search has resulted in Blue, Sierra Nevada, and Northrop being my main options.

Where in the world do you want to be stationed?

Every red pin is 5-20 job reqs and every yellow or blue dot with a number in it is 5-20 job reqs times that number of pins. Engineering, environmental, water, project management, IT, and support positions, entry level to senior. Some have up to $10k sign-on and referral bonuses.

1683250891652.png

lak2004

WKR
Where in the world do you want to be stationed?

Every red pin is 5-20 job reqs and every yellow or blue dot with a number in it is 5-20 job reqs times that number of pins. Engineering, environmental, water, project management, IT, and support positions, entry level to senior. Some have up to $10k sign-on and referral bonuses.

View attachment 550525
What is this for? I work in the environmental realm now and am looking for a new opportunity.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
What’s the fully remote stance on design engineering roles? After doing the aerospace startup thing for 11 years, I’ve had a blast, put in more hours than most, and am all good on stock options. I now am looking for 40hr a week, fully remote so I can travel some more. My search has resulted in Blue, Sierra Nevada, and Northrop being my main options.

I think it depends on your team. I have quite a few friends at Northrop down here and they are fully remote, but a lot of the engineering teams that I am a part of required to come into the office 1 day a week, some two.

I remember Northrop was doing fully remote work in 2008 to 2012 when i worked for them, so they are likely your best option.

We are hiring apprentices, electricians, project managers, support staff and supervisors in Colorado, Wyoming, Tennessee and Texas. Large commercial projects, 10 years running as a "Best Places to Work". Fully paid training, excellent benefits, growing company. PM me if interested.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of monster are you?!?!?! "Shows up"?? How dare you!

My daughter started at a plant nursery a few days ago, they hired a few people and she was the only one who showed up. Zero feedback, calls, texts, nothing from the others. Just didn't show. Insane.
I had a guy I hired show up 4 hours late on the first day. No call no shows for 3 straight days.

I figure at this point he just quit.

Shows up 2 hours late on day 5, obviously fired him right there.

He said, “You fire people for not showing up to work?” Yes, that’s actually maybe the top reason.

Blew my mind.