Hoodless raingear

Need help finding a quality hoodless rain jacket. I'm looking at the high-end hunting clothing brands, but everything looks hooded. Am I missing one?

Also, I'm open to non-traditional hunting brands. For several years when I was salmon fishing in British Columbia I was using a kayak jacket, with the rubber-like gasket around the neck and wrists. Worked great for that application, though I wouldn't want to do a whole lot of heavy exertion with it.

Point is I'm looking at all options. Not hung up on it be camouflaged either. Thanks in advance!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
The discontinued Sitka cloudburst had a hood that rolled into the collar. That’s about the closest you will find from a hunting brand.

Non hunting brands might make a pretty water resistant hood less wind shell but not a true rain jacket.

Hmmm. FWIW, I can’t recall seeing a Hoodless jacket that was more than a soft shell in a while. Sitka mountain jacket, some OR jackets.

there are a couple of police and military shells from companies like 5.11, vertex and wild things.

I also have some old school filson jackets with removable hoods. They are waxed cotton and heavy as hell

b2one

WKR
You can also look at moto cross or motorcycle clothing companies like Mosko or Klim for hoodless waterproof jackets.