Hot Spot for older vehicles

bozeman

WKR
My dad (68) has an older work truck and has asked about some type of cell booster for working in areas with limited to no cell service. Anybody have any recommendations? I can use the Satellite on my 2015 Chevy, but his older 86 model it isnt an option. Thanks in advance!

I've been looking at weBoost antennas.

They won't produce a signal where there is none, but they'll make a weak or spotty signal better.

They're popular with Oilfield guys, truckers, and overlanders. Can be had used pretty cheap.

Wilson/weboost works for me. I have actually gone from zero signal to getting signal with them. In fact if I turned it off right now I wouldn't have service.

I've been looking at weBoost antennas.

They won't produce a signal where there is none, but they'll make a weak or spotty signal better.

They're popular with Oilfield guys, truckers, and overlanders. Can be had used pretty cheap.

This..

Or go all out with the mobile starlink setup and hookup the phone settings to Wi-Fi calling. Much more expensive but if I was on the road for business a lot that’s what I would do. My boss is looking into getting it so he can manage better when he’s out and about. Probably not what he’s looking for but you never know.

This..

Or go all out with the mobile starlink setup and hookup the phone settings to Wi-Fi calling. Much more expensive but if I was on the road for business a lot that’s what I would do. My boss is looking into getting it so he can manage better when he’s out and about. Probably not what he’s looking for but you never know.
I'm pretty sure the Starlink is why I'm seeing weBoost for $200

Between that and the inReach, I'll be able to keep the wife updated that I'm alive. Lol

ODB

WKR
This..

I know a dude who's son is a top Amazon seller...he is going on safari for a few months and taking the mobile starlink so he can still run the business from the bush.

I am not sure if that's a success or failure, but it is what it is.

HoneyDew

WKR
I know a dude who's son is a top Amazon seller...he is going on safari for a few months and taking the mobile starlink so he can still run the business from the bush.

I mean if he was going for a couple weeks I’d say it’s sad. But if he’s MIA for a couple months… Its a little more understandable to me.

I'd say it's both.