Hot Tent Question

Recently, I was using my cylinder stove on a wet and nasty night. The weather was rocking. I had strung up some cordage to dry my socks and base layers. Life was good. Then a sock and my base layer bottoms dropped off the line because of gusting wind and maybe poor hanging technique.

I thought it might be a real bad thing to have something drop onto the stove and fry when spare gear isn't readily accessible. So I was thinking that maybe I'd sew in a couple of attachment points to be able to hang a mesh gear loft for more effective and worry free drying.

Anyone do anything like this? Is it just 'cause I'm now locked into work for the next three months straight that the good idea fairy is visiting?

I like how you think. My 8-man tipi has a circular clothesline which serves well for drying gear. I've had a few things drop off but they don't get near the stove. On my Sawtooth there is a single center line running along the ridge and it's not as useful as the one in my 8-man. I probably ought to be thinking about alternative ways to hang wet gear in it, but the options seem very few when the liner is in use.

Shrek

WKR
Like Kevin I have a Sawtooth and I make sure nothing is hung directly over the stove also. A hot stove will put holes in merino with a momentary touch. Finger tip on my merino glove brushed the stove and it vaporized ! Lucky for me my finger wasn't in it at the time.

OP
O
I think that I might try to set that tent up after work on Saturday or Sunday, stare at it for a while, contemplate possibilities and take some measurements. Maybe a Big Agness trapezoidal loft could work. Maybe I'll try my hand at some custom sewing. Regardless, my schedule will interfere with any timely production, but if I create something, I'll post up a picture.