Hotel in Edmonton

mnydir

FNG
Going to nwt for musk ox this spring. Overnight in Edmonton on the way home. If I'm fortunate enough to get one I'd like to keep it frozen. Anyone ever stay at a hotel in Edmonton with freezer space available?

Best bet is to stay in Leduc and call the local butchers in the area ahead of time. Real deal meats (20km from airport) does game processing and will most likely keep the meat in the freezer for you.

MattB

WKR
I’ve always stayed at the Nisku Inn (called Coast Nisku now it appears) and they have let me put meat in their walk in freezer. Might call them and see if they still provide that service.

bowonly

FNG
I just went muskox hunting last October and stayed at the Nisku Inn where I have stayed several times before. They are hunter friendly. Ask for a hunting outfitter discount. Your outfitter may be on their list. If not, they will just add it like they did ours! They have a freezer they let hunters use. Not sure if a muskox skull fits, but the cape for sure. We drove to Edmonton, so it worked well that it was cold as hell coming back. We just left heads and capes in my truck overnight. Good luck

Loco4dux

WKR
Stayed in the hotel that is connected to the airport both on the way to and from a NWT sheep hunt last year. Very nice hotel that you can simply push your cart full of bags/gun right into your room. They have a freezer and they kept my meat frozen for me on the way home. Decent restaurant and bar in the hotel. Really nice to not have to leave the airport. Would do this again. The name -

Renaissance by Marriott​

I’ve always stayed at the Nisku Inn (called Coast Nisku now it appears) and they have let me put meat in their walk in freezer. Might call them and see if they still provide that service.
I have stayed there many times and was able to put bear hides in their freezer. They are hunter friendly. The restaurant was good enough that I wouldn't go out, just eat right there.