How do I know that I've found a suitable sleeping bag?

littlebuf

Banned
I'm heavily leaning towards this option, I should've just nutted up and spent the extra cash in the first place instead of trying to pinch pennies. I'm sure the coromell is a good back and hammock sleepers swear by it, the more I think about it though the more I realize I'm just trying to nickel and dime and this is one area where I don't wanna do that.

always cheaper to spend money on the right gear the first time than the wrong gear 3 times. ive got a pretty good write up on the rev x on here. if you have any thing in particular you want to see on one ive got lots of pics or could take some more for anything I didn't cover

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Early September in CO or ID, or mid-August in UT, still waiting to find out.

And Rizzy, that's flipping awesome, I'm about to go there right now, thanks!

From what you said a 15 deg bag will work.
I'd take a look at the Big Agnes bags. Most of the Big Agnes bag don't have any insulation in the bottom but have a sleeve to slide your pad into. It's work very well for me. The pad you use is your insulation. Here is a link to big Agnes bags.

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/SleepingBags

Read up on them. I use the Mystic sl bag it's down and has a bigger foot box. I also use their insulated air core pad. The air pad make for a good nights sleep for me. A note on air pads I find that a air pad filled only about 3/4 with air is best for me. Filled all the way and it's just to hard. You can play with that for your liking. Look at the spec page to see if the bag size your looking at is big enough for you.. If you want a warmer bag the storm king is a warmer bag. you can always open it up if your a little to warm.

If your in a area that gets damp, then a synthetic fill bag maybe best. They also have a extra wide bags or a wedgie bag expander to make it bigger around.

2ski

WKR
Check out the Montbell if you can't sleep in a mummy. They are mummies that are built differently so they stretch more and don't feel so constricted.