How many are using a Sport SXS for hunting access, which one and your experience?

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Nice pic!!! I would agree with switching to Yamaha. Their quality is top notch (at least for me it has been). The 50" SXS's don't work for me though. If they work for you, that's great! We all have different needs/wants. Enjoy!

Unfortunately, it’s beneficial for a 50” in SW MT due to trail restrictions. Otherwise, I’d have a bigger machine.

Last edited:
In 10 years of driving my Polaris 50" RZR I've yet to tip it over or even come close. Guess I understand the machine limits a bit better than some having worked around heavy equipment my whole life...farming and mining.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I test drove a couple 50” machines. I barely fit in either and had my knees hitting the dash. 6’4 and all legs.
The Wolverine was a good choice for me. Quiet, reliable and decent room. My knees only have a couple inches to spare, but it’s a good ride.

View attachment 693875
I like that rear high rack you have. Did you buy or make that? If you bought it I'd be interested in leaving where? Thank you!

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider
I have a CF Moto uforce 800 I got used with 400 miles on it 3 years ago.It now has over 5k and has been great so far

11boo

WKR
I like that rear high rack you have. Did you buy or make that? If you bought it I'd be interested in leaving where? Thank you!
Homemade. Except the shelf part, it was a receiver rack. I gutted the receiver parts, the cut and welded the supports. Bolts alone won’t do it, I welded all the joints.
IMG_6639.jpeg

def90

WKR
Probably depends a lot on whether or not you are a road hunter and whether or not they can be driven on the roads in the areas where you hunt

Everything i read here talks about how you need to be five miles in to get anything yet there is the other contingency that says blasting around fire roads on sxs's is the way to go

All I can add is after using 4 wheelers (with racks) since 1992 last year I bought a utility type Ranger 1000 SXS .
After a season of using that I would never go back to a 4 wheeler. So nice to have that bed in the back and not fighting to strap on game and gear. It has a roof so a bit of protection from rain. The windshield cuts that cold wind. Its just so much better for me.

My cousin had a rzr and recently switched to a utility SxS. He said the rzr was fun to drive but the utility SxS blows it away for hunting.

Weldor

WKR
Have owned both, kept the can am xt pro 6' bed. 3 men and 3 elk no problem. The Maverick's and rzr's ride much better but lack the space for my gear plus 2 hounds. I've fabbed up quite a few racks and rear seat pans for the rzr's for my friends, works great and add alot of space for them. To me they ride like a cadilac compared to my utility beast. But there is always a trade off.