How many veterans do we have here. Active service counts too.

Here is the deal. I won the black ovis arrow build in the cold bow challenge. I don't need it. I figured best thing to do is pass it along.

So to give back to the Rokslide community and especially any veterans or active service guys here goes another giveaway. No challenge with this one. All it takes is stating when and where you served and what you plan to be hunting these arrows with this fall. Hopefully a few of y'all have some hunts planned even if it's just a quick trip close to home.

Probably going to limit the entries. Right now thinking first five.

Good luck.

ShreckIII

FNG
26 yrs and still counting, both active and reserve. Was at Fort Campbell, KY, and Fort Wainwright, AK, with training on every continent except Australia and Antarctica. Deployed to Iraq for OIF I and II in '04 and '05. Colorado Elk trip planned this fall and a deer hunt in KY in Nov.

Last edited:
I was in from 2011 to 2017
I was everywhere from Iwakuni Japan > Darwin, Australia > most of the ports in the Pacific > Hong Kong> Yuma Az > 29 stumps Ca. Flew some missions as part of a humanitarian mission in the philippines after a nasty typhoon and was dropping food to islands (or what was left). Was a marksmanship instructor and a martial arts instructor. I did all this while being a cook in the Marines.
Miss the people everyday.

Chasing roosevelts and black tail through the oregon coast on a solo archery hunt. It is gonna be a blast!

ShreckIII

FNG
Here is the deal. I won the black ovis arrow build in the cold bow challenge. I don't need it. I figured best thing to do is pass it along.

So to give back to the Rokslide community and especially any veterans or active service guys here goes another giveaway. No challenge with this one. All it takes is stating when and where you served and what you plan to be hunting these arrows with this fall. Hopefully a few of y'all have some hunts planned even if it's just a quick trip close to home.

Probably going to limit the entries. Right now thinking first five.

Good luck.
Thanks for your support Billy Goat!

OP
Billy Goat
Man. This is getting confusing.

I thought I would roll the dice and it would be post #. Figured 6 posts. If #1 came up that was me and roll again.

For those of you hunting elk in Colorado PM me. If we are there same time frame and area I'll buy you a beer somewhere. Or drop off a few at the vehicle at the trailhead while you're out.

Think we have 3 entries. Still two more spots.

Last edited:
OP
Billy Goat
Y'all quit saying you don't want them.

Save those posts for after I get a winner.

But greatly appreciate the service from everyone of y'all. So muddy the thread if you want.

TheCougar

WKR
Active duty Air Force, 18 years and counting. Tours in both Afghanistan and Iraq. My recommendation is you find the youngest enlisted dude on Rokslide who can’t afford the arrows and give them to that guy. I’ll be in Montana and Wyoming this year, otherwise I’d take you up on the beer.

OP
Billy Goat
Active duty Air Force, 18 years and counting. Tours in both Afghanistan and Iraq. My recommendation is you find the youngest enlisted dude on Rokslide who can’t afford the arrows and give them to that guy. I’ll be in Montana and Wyoming this year, otherwise I’d take you up on the beer.

I'm liking this one.

dwils233

FNG
4 years in the Navy, but stationed at K-bay with MALS-24 the whole time. Be interested if anyone else shows up from that command.

Don't want the arrows though, but think that's awesome to do!

87TT

WKR
Roll them yet? USN 1970-75. Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club. But give them to a young guy who needs it more, but thanks for a neat idea..
Oh yeah I'll be hunting deer and elk here in Idaho