How many ways to put a rifle on a Dt1

Snyd

WKR
I've found I don't like the rifle in the position the gun bearer puts it, under my arm in front of my face or across my chest. I've used that method a few times. I also don't care for the extra weight directly on the pack belt and the upper strap pulling on the shoulder strap. Plus it's a bunch more straps to fiddler around with. I prefer the rifle behind my shoulder out of the way. I use the Gunslinger like Luke. http://www.gunslingercorral.com But I have modified the mount point so most of the weight is on the packframe (bikini frame now). It's not directly on the belt. I sewed a hoop in the proper place on my pack that the barrel slips up into. I can unsnap the rifle from the gunslinger, pull it out and it drops out of the hoop. A quick flip and the rifle is at the ready. I've had mine a few years and after the original snap wore out I did Lukes mod with the clip. I'll post up a couple pics.

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the gun bearer, primarily use it on the hip belt. I did move it to the side when I had a long hike in to the area I was going to hunt. Set it up in a similar fashion as Luke had. To my surprise I could get the rifle shouldered pretty fast that way too, no need to take off pack. Just lifted the stock out of the bearer and slipped it out from the compression strap that held it in place. Great and versatile accessory.

Snyd

WKR
Bikini Frame and I sewed a chunk of balistic nylon belt around it, hooked the other end on the belt by sewing a narrower piece on it.

GunHolder_01_zps119c3bc4.jpg

GunHolder_02_zps7d0aed2e.jpg

Loop I sewed on the pack bag. This happens to be a Kelty 50th Anniversary bag that I adapted to the Bikini frame. Previously I had the same type setup using the Kelty frame.

GunHolder_03_zps5cffea5d.jpg

GunHolder_04_zps2384e67e.jpg

GunHolder_05_zpsbc0731cf.jpg