Selling on Gunbroker

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, just sold a rifle on Gunbroker. First time I have sold something. How long does it take to get the funds usually? I've emailed since the sell, and no response. Of course, no phone number to call. So far, I've not had a great impression. It's uneasy shipping a rifle when you dont know where the funds are.

Last edited:

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
Do not ship it until you have funds in hand. There is a time limit that the buyer has to pay, I think it is seven days. After that you can consider them non-responsive.

OP
C

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
Do not ship it until you have funds in hand. There is a time limit that the buyer has to pay, I think it is seven days. After that you can consider them non-responsive.
The seller paid immediately via Outdoor pay. Their pay system. So it says.

OP
C

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
probably a question for gunbroker. we sell on GB but it goes through GB into our credit card processor. 24 hours once GB notes customer has paid.
Appreciate that info, I emailed them Friday, but still no response. Got it figured out now. They won’t release the fonts until it’s marked shipped. I guess for a first time user that’s a little nerve-racking.

Last edited:

Unckebob

WKR
Appreciate that info, I emailed them Friday, but still no response. Got it figured out now. They won’t release the fonts until it’s marked shipped. I guess for a first time user that’s a little nerve-racking.
Did you agree to use Outdoor pay?

Gunbroker holds the funds until both parties release the funds to the seller. There is paperwork both seller and buyer must complete . The purchaser completes their portion after they recieve the firearm and have a chance to inspect it. So in short, those suggestions to not ship until payment is received is NOT in compliance with Gunbroker requirements., and subsequently very bad advice.

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
Apologies, I have not used the Outdoor pay. I typically stick with money orders and certified checks. I had a flash of you getting scammed by shipping a gun without payment received. Please forgive my misguided advice and be careful who you listen to on the internet.

I’ve bought several items on Gunbroker and I don’t recall filling out anything post sale or post receiving a firearm, other than maybe feedback of the seller.
I don’t see anything in the how to buy section talking about filling out anything upon receipt either.