How much food

Below is what I eat each day on back pack trips. I’ve been doing backpack hunts for over 20 years and this is perfect for me. It’s probably on the low side for some. If I remember correctly it’s about 1.5 lb per day

I do add in a tortilla to go with some mountain house meals. On some trips I also eliminate 1 of the cliff or protein bars per day with 3 pieces of cheese, 3 pieces of summer sausage, and 3 triscuits. The 3 pieces of cheese and homemade summer sausage per day are individually vacuum sealed. I’ve had no issues up to 5 days with the cheese and sausage vacuum sealed in late summer early fall.

*3 packets instant oatmeal vacuum sealed

*1 or 2 cliff bars/protein bars

*2 cups low fat granola, 1/2 cup instant milk, 1/2 cup freez dried strawberries vacuum sealed

*2 Starbucks via

*2 powdered pedialyte/Gatorade packets

*Mountain house meal for dinner

*1 oz jerky

*1/4 cup mixed nuts

rclouse79

WKR
Early on I always packed too much, and have dialed it down to where I just come out with a less ridiculous amount of food. I have never done ten days. I might buy a candy bar for $20 around day 8.

elktacos

FNG
I’m not recommending to do what I do just highlighting how we’re all different. I’d error on the higher side if you’re not sure. I am probably the odd one out but I eat less than normal when hunting/fishing. With a heavy pack and serious hiking every day I’ll force myself to eat around 1900 calories I think it was 1.25lbs of food a day for 6 days last year and I had a little left over. I usually feel really good and lose a few lbs. I like most of what I bring too. I guess my body is telling me I’m overweight. I still always bring an extra day of food for insurance even if I’m just a half day hike from the truck.

Alegault

Lil-Rokslider
I usually weigh in just under 165. I shoot for ~2500 calories and try to stay under 1.5 lbs per day (closer to 1.3 if I can).

Template I try to follow:C2A8073F-267B-40CA-970F-3DBC1527A1BE.jpeg
Sometimes I throw an extra stinger in the mix or will go greenbelly for breakfast over oatmeal if I’m in a rush.

Clarktar

WKR
Alpen fuel breakfast for the win! Taste is so good and they have excellent macros. Lunch is a variety of bars, stinger chews and pumpkin seeds.

Dinner is half a peakRefuel (I repack then before the hunt). Hopefully this year I am adding some Minimus to each dinner ( Bartlett's new love)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just going to add to the rest of the recommendations on here with a couple items I like.. maybe overlooked but easy to find at your local grocery

Honey single serving packs
Craisens single serving boxes
Fruit snacks
Dried tropical fruit mix
Risotto - just add water
Chicken in foil mixed with risotto

LostArra

WKR
I like salami and cheese too :)

breakfast I take a Lenny & Larry cookie- tastes good and 450 calories in a single cookie; I've been using my own rendition of bulletproof coffee- two packs of Via instant coffee w/ a couple of teaspoons of powdered butter (it's a real thing ) and powdered coconut oil- this adds 150-ish calories

snacks I'm taking Kind bars, 4 bars/day (and 4 in reserve just in case)- 200-ish calories each

lunch sliced dried salami, sliced cheese (Tiilamok makes some snack sized slices that are just the right size) and put into a sliced pita pocket (Smart Pockets); a helping of Fritos and a few fun sized Snickers- roughly 800 calories

supper a Peak Refuel w/ two packets of olive oil added- 1000-ish calories

about 3200 cals/day which for me seems to be about just right for me

wiO5woa.jpg
Fritos
I'm relieved to know mtwarden is human.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
take some prunes , allow 4 a day ,for me . O ya now there dried plums.