How short ATA for fingers?

Shortdraw

FNG
I'm thinking of picking up a compound (hopefully used) and want to shoot fingers. In my brief past with a compound the thing I liked least about it was using a release. For years I have shot recurves and longbows. I also have a pretty short draw length...about 27" or slightly less. I hear a lot of finger shooters saying you need long ATA to avoid finger pinch etc but with my short draw would that really be an issue? Would 36" do the job? Shorter even? Seems like the field really opens up if I can get a 36" bow or less. Opinions??

OR Archer

WKR
36" would be the bare minimum for a "finger" bow at your draw length. I'd suggest something around 38" to 40". A good options in that range is the Mathews Conquest 4 which can be picked up used at really good prices.

bwlacy

WKR
I totally agree with OR Archer. I would say 39 to 40 inches for finger shooters. There are plenty of good bows in that range, you just have to look at more of the target bows and not the short ones in all the box stores and hunting mags.

I agree with the above posts as the traditional thinking, but boy if you have ever watched Tim Wells shoot,man, he will change your mind. He shoots about any Mathews they make as good as most release shooters.