How to access threading for Swarovski slc tripod adapter?

Bowrider3

FNG
Hi,

I just got a pair of Swarovski slc 10x 42 (which are phenomenal). If I am not mistaken, there is a cap in the front that can be removed to access the threading for a tripod adapter. Can someone please tell me how best to remove it? Does it screw off or pop off using a coin? Don't want to mess anything up so I thought it would be best to ask first.

If it is one of the newer HD style versions, the front black cap ( with the Hawk) will be plastic and you just pop that off from the under side using either a coin or a small screw driver. Just gently slip either of those under the cap and pop it off. You will see the standard size threads for an adaptor to screw in. Swarovski makes their own adaptor for the SLC's or you can use other brands.

Elkguide. Thanks, I am glad I asked! Any recommendations on what type of adapter to use? I know Swarovski makes one but it is super pricey and my bank account is still recovering :)

BTW- if you are interested in one of the Swarovski made adapters, I have one of the Swaro SLC adapters that has only been used a couple of times that I was planning on listing for sale soon.

Back