Howa 1500 Superlite questions

RussDXT

WKR
I picked up a super lite in 6.5 CM.

I have some Warns on order and will be putting a 3-9 SWFA on it.

Had a few questions.

1. What is the torque settings on the action screws? I emailed Howa and never heard back.

2. Has anyone used a Thunderbeast cb suppressor mount on their thin barrel? I think there is enough shoulder there for the mount…

3. The back of the stock seems super thin. Is cracking an issue and would that be covered under warranty?

When I get some rounds through it I’ll update this thread. Thanks!

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Interested to hear how you like this rifle and how it shoots. Thanks. Rufus.

OP
RussDXT

RussDXT

WKR
Called Howa. 35”lbs on the action screws. Mounted the cb brake and the tally rings.

Gonna shoot it sometime in the next few weeks.

OP
RussDXT

RussDXT

WKR
83c2fa880c9305326972dbd33ec58d14.jpg

First post sorry been lurking a while now but purchased a super lite from davidsons and your concerns about the stock are an issue with mine at least. First trip to the range the recoil pad base sank into the cavity of the stock I unscrewed it to pull it back out and let the base of the recoil pad sit against the shoulders of the stock it’s held in by some spray foam and extra thin little wafer of carbon/plastic washer I screwed it back in making sure the pad rested against outside of the stock second range trip today same problem anyone else and what’s the fix I hate to send it back it’s a great shooter

Attachments

• IMG_3993.jpeg
    IMG_3993.jpeg
    563.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3994.jpeg
    IMG_3994.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3995.jpeg
    IMG_3995.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 69
First post sorry been lurking a while now but purchased a super lite from davidsons and your concerns about the stock are an issue with mine at least. First trip to the range the recoil pad base sank into the cavity of the stock I unscrewed it to pull it back out and let the base of the recoil pad sit against the shoulders of the stock it’s held in by some spray foam and extra thin little wafer of carbon/plastic washer I screwed it back in making sure the pad rested against outside of the stock second range trip today same problem anyone else and what’s the fix I hate to send it back it’s a great shooter
That stock looks horrible, i would be sending it back.

Contacted legacy today and upon arriving back home this evening I emailed them the requested proof of purchase and pictures and it seems as though they have already sent out a new stock headed my direction will definitely keep you all posted on what happens.

stevea

FNG
Wow, what a piece of chitt. I guess guns are getting disposable lIke appliances.

cr406

FNG
Contacted legacy today and upon arriving back home this evening I emailed them the requested proof of purchase and pictures and it seems as though they have already sent out a new stock headed my direction will definitely keep you all posted on what happens.
Has there been any progress on this? Thinking about picking one of these up but since the stocks seem like a not uncommon issue would like to know i could get it fixed if I’m unlucky.

I’m still waiting on a replacement stock since January I reached out again a couple weeks ago and the shipping or warehouse department one has not picked and shipped anything the gentleman I’ve been dealing with was going to reach out to them and try and get the ball rolling again he stated they had some of the stocks available in their warehouse….. in fact I will shoot him another email now

I think @Stockys makes those stocks for Howa. Any warranty replacement will probably have to go throught howa/legacy but maybe stockys can chime in, they are generally extremely helpful.

You’re correct I thought about going to them to try and skip the middle man, also the stock that came in mine is kind of a rare sponge pattern due to it being the cerakoted edition from Davidson’s. Ultimately I think legacy/howa should be the one to eat the green on this one but honestly I’d like to have my rifle back shootable at this point it’s been good weather for load development and I hate to go through all that with a busted stock then again it might be an interesting torture test as well 😂

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
You’re correct I thought about going to them to try and skip the middle man, also the stock that came in mine is kind of a rare sponge pattern due to it being the cerakoted edition from Davidson’s. Ultimately I think legacy/howa should be the one to eat the green on this one but honestly I’d like to have my rifle back shootable at this point it’s been good weather for load development and I hate to go through all that with a busted stock then again it might be an interesting torture test as well 😂
Sending you a PM