Howa Mini 6 ARC - First Thoughts

On a whim, I purchased Howa Mini 6 ARC because I “needed a cheap truck gun”. I picked up a Trijicon Accupoint 5-20, mounted it in Talley’s and threw a harris bipod on it. Its the 20” HB, but still relatively light.

IMG_3693.jpeg

I bought a couple boxes of hornady ammo, and headed to the range yesterday. Two shots on the zero plate then my first 3 shot group:
Ballistic-X-Export-2024-01-02 15:27:24.384631.jpg

Then my 2nd 3 shot group:
Ballistic-X-Export-2024-01-02 16:13:30.221240.jpg

Pretty impressive for a cheap little gun with factory ammo. I had a mini in a grendel a few years ago and I kept hitting the mag release button while carrying it around - glad they fixed that issue. Shouldn’t be a problem with the new design. The trigger is awful, and something I will likely replace. People hate on the stock, but I dont mind it and it wasn’t flimsy enough to impact accuracy while using a bipod. If I find a good deal on a stocky’s CF, I might upgrade, but I don’t feel a huge sense of urgency.

I shot it out to 750 yards - that maxed out my elevation adjustments in my scope or I would have taken it further. I didn’t get any pictures of the plate, but I would guess all five rounds were in a 10” circle. Not great, was battling some gusty winds…but I think if I had a better trigger I could have tightened those up.

IMG_3700.jpeg

I am a little worried a trigger and stock upgrade might force some of my higher end rifles to the back of the safe. Recoil was obviously nothing and it was a blast to shoot. If I had a kid or someone new to the shooting game and a Tikka 223 wasn’t an option, I would 100% go this route.